• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 104 Extra

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm almost done!!!

Only need to cut the cowl/vent holes, and mount the prop/spinner.

Installed my removable rudder. I'll admit it's not as clean looking as it could have been (as I'd hoped it'd be...) but it's perfectly functional and doesn't bind.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399735520.166205.jpg

I used some quality Secraft hardware from [MENTION=388]Aztech Aeromodels[/MENTION] to make taking the rudder off a breeze:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399735545.282128.jpg

All I have to do is pull the cotter pin on both sides, and slide the hinge pin out, and I'm done. Takes about 30 seconds. Very pleased!

Also used the Secraft adjustable turnbuckles for tightening down the wires as they relax a little over time. Functional bling!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399735664.132579.jpg

I also finished my wiring, and it's nice and clean. Power is 2 [MENTION=1155]Fromeco[/MENTION] ReLion batteries and a DCUP (not pictured).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399735747.321713.jpg

I can confidently say she'll be ready for flight by the end of this weekend. Finally!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Added a blue light to the spektrum ar9110 rx, so I'll have a visible cue that it's on. Red for the tech aero IBEF.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399760934.790489.jpg
[MENTION=699]3dbandit[/MENTION], wanna fly it the summer? ;)

3dbandit

100cc
Added a blue light to the spektrum ar9110 rx, so I'll have a visible cue that it's on. Red for the tech aero IBEF.
View attachment 23128
[MENTION=699]3dbandit[/MENTION], wanna fly it the summer? ;)

Very glad to see you finally finished this!! I remember you buying this at BG last year.

Yeah, if/when we can get together over the summer I definitely would like to fly it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Very glad to see you finally finished this!! I remember you buying this at BG last year.

Yeah, if/when we can get together over the summer I definitely would like to fly it.

Well, in that case I better reinforce the airframe in a carbon fiber sheath.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gotta give a shout out to [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION]! He makes some really cool (and really easy to install) plastic baffles. Send him a PM to get these custom baffles for your twin.

Look how nice they are:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399822533.167415.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399822571.368820.jpg

Best part is for me, since I've never put baffles on a cowl for a twin before, I didn't have to learn something new to get my plane ready to fly.

Oh yeah, [MENTION=157]RotorJockey[/MENTION], it's:

READY
TO
FLY

Finally :)