• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

skibum44

70cc twin V2
My DA70 gets better everytime out for me, between 4.25 and 4.5 gallons now and black pretty minimal, but still there.

Hey guys, maybe you guys can help me out with a shipping question. I just entered my shipping info on UPS (pain in the butt) and it was $210 for 76"mxs! If I ship to a commercial address, how much can I save? Why does 3DHS do it seemingly for much cheaper. For example a 70 velox is $56 bucks. Yes I know EF doesn't make money on shipping but is there no other way? No fedex, No greyhound, no usps.

Suggestion or ideas please,

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
My 91" cost less to ship to me than my 76" MXS, The MXS was shipped UPS to a commercial address and the 91" was shipped common carrier to the same address. Call EF and see what the rate is by freight.

ryan_m

100cc
Hey guys, maybe you guys can help me out with a shipping question. I just entered my shipping info on UPS (pain in the butt) and it was $210 for 76"mxs! If I ship to a commercial address, how much can I save? Why does 3DHS do it seemingly for much cheaper. For example a 70 velox is $56 bucks. Yes I know EF doesn't make money on shipping but is there no other way? No fedex, No greyhound, no usps.

Suggestion or ideas please,
This has come up so many damn times in this thread that I should probably just save this text somewhere to make it easier to copy/paste it in :)
The EF 7x" planes aren't really comparable to the 3dhs ones. 3dhs 7x" planes are smaller and lighter, ranging in the 9-10.5 lb range. The EF ones are 12.5-13 lb. Big difference. They are bigger all the way around, don't let the wingspan number fool you. So the box is bigger also. And apparently the 3dhs ones just barely slip by in the smaller weight/size class at UPS. The EF planes don't, they get bumped up into the same weight/size class as the 50cc planes do.
Your best bet is to use a commercial address, and if possible get 1-2 other people to place an order with you and have it freighted instead of UPS. If you do that the shipping doesn't go up much, but you get the split up the charges among several people.
For me, in Arkansas, it was $140 to get the MXS shipped here.

Yes, this is retreaded subject. Freight is probably cheaper. We paid $124 last time for 2 91s, and a couple of spare canopies to a commercial address. I got a 78 once UPS that was over $140. There was something Arron posted about the 3DHS 75 that Noll had to fiddle with the UPS numbers to get shipping to be "normal" for 3DHS buyers. Not sure what that was all about, but there is clearly a tipping point like Ryan pointed out. A lot of the other companies do flat rate shipping, and they essentailly eat the freight charges.

Greyhound lost half a shipment of mine, and never ended up paying out the settlement. Realize you are working with a bus company. Buyer beware there.

Ok...thanks for all who posted. I've read the posts before, but things change and it is good to get newer information especially from helpful people. So next step is to see if someone in the area is planning on buying anyways and ship to COMMERCIAL area.