• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

wedoitall

I have a 48" edge and originally had the gear in a MXS. Flown the 48" extra too. In the 60" size I have owned the edge and am currently running the gear in a Extra. Also, have some time on the 60" MXS. Want a 91" Extra or maybe a 78" MXS when it becomes available, but unsure.

which of the 48" do you like? was thinking about getting an EF in the 48" size and was looking at the extra

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Can't go wrong with either one... I would go with MXS or Extra if I didn't it again. Curious to see flight reports and vids about the yak though. Edge is the most stable in harrier, but the others are not far behind. MXS has crazy pitch authority and the Extra in the most precise out of the three, but the MXS isn't that far behind that. So, IMO pick your favorite color scheme... :)

wedoitall

when you guys iron the wrinkles out of your airframes before assembly, what temperature setting do you usually use? I figured low to mid, but wanna double check. I know that later down the road if I need to iron them out ill have to use hotter temps than what I originally used.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I let it go for a couple of weeks and let the climate do its thing then I use a heat gun. But you have to be careful... IMO it does a far better job, since you don't get adhesion from the iron pressure then create more wrinkles to get out.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
when you guys iron the wrinkles out of your airframes before assembly, what temperature setting do you usually use? I figured low to mid, but wanna double check. I know that later down the road if I need to iron them out ill have to use hotter temps than what I originally used.

I use about 300-310F. It starts to shrink at 300F. I use a trim iron where possible.

hone

150cc
Put in an order for the 48'' Yak. Should be an awesome little plane. Got everything i need for it already!

hone

150cc
I just checked the tracking and my 48'' Yak will be here Friday! I'll probably knock the build out Friday night or Saturday morning then i just need to wait to get my Aurora 9 back from Hitec.