• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

thank you for the quick replies, guys

actually I´m leaning more to the non violent 3D, it should look a little bit extreme, but more precise an controlled all the time, this is what I try to achieve
I don´t like IMAC stuff very much now, but who knows what happens in future.... :)

I´d go for electric in any case no matter if it is 78 or 60 size, and I prefer a more stable platform, it should be 3D capable but not be the absolute wildest animal on the planet

I guess it looks like 78 wins, well I need to think about it one more time

anyway, thank you for feedack

hone

150cc
Yeah the 78 will definitely satisfy your needs. It's extremely stable in 3D and tracks amazingly well in precision. It rivals many of the 50cc planes on the market as far as performance. The only thing is with electric is it really needs at least 10s(most use 2 5s 5000s) for efficient power and good flight times while the Laser can be run on a single 6s pack

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan_m

100cc
cant believe the 78 gas is sold out already

tell me about it... I waited to order my replacement one (first one died in a crash) when I saw them come back in, mainly b/c I just got a new 88" Extra and thought that would keep me happy. Well the 88 is no 78. It leaves me wanting more. The 78 was such a magical and fun plane that I find myself not liking the 88 as much as I had hoped to. So by the time I finally made up my mind to just suck it up and order a new 78, well now they are all sold out again! So I'm on the waiting list for them again, and will see what happens when the next container comes in!

Yeah the 78 will definitely satisfy your needs. It's extremely stable in 3D and tracks amazingly well in precision. It rivals many of the 50cc planes on the market as far as performance. The only thing is with electric is it really needs at least 10s(most use 2 5s 5000s) for efficient power and good flight times while the Laser can be run on a single 6s pack

yeah, I think so too
actually, my 57" Extra is my favourite trainig and funfly plane at the moment because it is so stupid simple to fly, thus I think a 78 extra will complement it perfectly
I also own a 48 Laser and I like it very much, but I regard this plane as a challenge because it is faster and much more agile than the mentioned extras and it requires 100% of my attention all the time, whereas I´m quite relaxed when flying my 57"

When the 78 MXS is released I am seriously considering trying out a 12s 3300-4000 setup since I just got some of these batteries for the 60 laser. Better than getting new batts for a 10s 5000 setup. I think the Hacker A60-8S will work for this.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
tell me about it... I waited to order my replacement one (first one died in a crash) when I saw them come back in, mainly b/c I just got a new 88" Extra and thought that would keep me happy. Well the 88 is no 78. It leaves me wanting more. The 78 was such a magical and fun plane that I find myself not liking the 88 as much as I had hoped to. So by the time I finally made up my mind to just suck it up and order a new 78, well now they are all sold out again! So I'm on the waiting list for them again, and will see what happens when the next container comes in!
The 91 Extra is great, maybe transfer all the stuff from the 88 to a 91?

ryan_m

100cc
Naah, I'll keep the 88 for now, it's fun. Just not as much as a 78! Smoooooth is the word I would describe the 88 with. Not nearly as violent/throw around capable as the smaller 78 is. If you've seen Andrew Jesky fly, the plane would suit him. He is very graceful and smooth on the sticks. And the 88 rewards that. I am not. Yet. But it will probably help teach me to be!!

Instead I just ordered an electric 78! Can't have gas, but they do have electric red ones in stock, so what the heck!

I finally pulled the trigger on that one :p

looking forward to it

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
+1+ on the 78. Will not disappoint. Im about 30 or so flts into mine and loving it more each Flt. Mine was a used one that I rehabbed and it is so clean even after several engine and motors that I haven't had to do any mixing. Partly because I'm too busy enjoying it to stop long enough to tweak!
Oh a couple words to the durability of the EF frames. Flipping awesome! My maiden ended up in small trees (cushioned fall) to nose first into long grass- one tiny dimple in one leading edge. Throttle servo died at idle, misjudged glide. Ha first engine failure in a poptop (100 degrees, 99% humidity and messing with idle). Had to out down in less than perfect, bumpy field. No damage at all. Fueled, flipped, flew (adjusted idle of course) and fine. Love EF!

Last edited by a moderator: