• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight RC 91" Yak 54 build

dribar

70cc twin V2
Won't go maiden until tomorrow so I did a last test on the car-fit and then put her in her garage spot.

IMG_3975.JPG

IMG_3977.jpg

dribar

70cc twin V2
Got to the field yesterday... assembled everything; filled up the gas; DA-60 started perfectly. When I went to check my surfaces prior to taking off, the rudder was dead. It came to life briefly but then died again. I shut the motor down, popped the canopy and checked the connection -- tight and in all the way. Turned the radio back on and the servo is dead. Everything other servo / surface is perfect. Not the HS-7956SHR....

arghhhhhhh........

gyro

GSN Contributor
Got to the field yesterday... assembled everything; filled up the gas; DA-60 started perfectly. When I went to check my surfaces prior to taking off, the rudder was dead. It came to life briefly but then died again. I shut the motor down, popped the canopy and checked the connection -- tight and in all the way. Turned the radio back on and the servo is dead. Everything other servo / surface is perfect. Not the HS-7956SHR....

arghhhhhhh........

Damn... Everyone always says, "at least you caught it on the ground...." And that's true.
BUT, it still sucks!
Sorry Dan :(

3dbandit

100cc

arghhhhhhh........

Try checking the servo plug/lead and the channel on the RX.

And like Gary said, better on the ground than in the air.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice build thread and BEAUUUUTIFUL EF Yak!! Are you using a power expander? I was thinking about the last time my buddy thought his servo went dead but it turned out to be that specific channel on the power expander. I didn't see one in the pics but thought I would ask!

dribar

70cc twin V2
Nice build thread and BEAUUUUTIFUL EF Yak!! Are you using a power expander? I was thinking about the last time my buddy thought his servo went dead but it turned out to be that specific channel on the power expander. I didn't see one in the pics but thought I would ask!

Thanks man. I love the new Russian Thunder too (my wife's Russian). The servo is plugged directly into the Spektrum AR9100 Receiver (no extensions). It's got redundant battery connections which both have a FromeCo 5200mah LiIon attached and also a DC-UP in the extra channel. Very simple.

Thanks for the kind words.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks man. I love the new Russian Thunder too (my wife's Russian). The servo is plugged directly into the Spektrum AR9100 Receiver (no extensions). It's got redundant battery connections which both have a FromeCo 5200mah LiIon attached and also a DC-UP in the extra channel. Very simple.

Thanks for the kind words.

Sounds like you have it covered! I've always lived by the motto the simpler the system the less points of failure!

I love the yak's and had a 50cc Yak-54. Nice and floaty! Now the plane is sitting in my bucket of balsa... :facepalm:

But I have a nice 35% Pilot Extra 260 sitting on the bench waiting to be built! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

dribar

70cc twin V2
Sounds like you have it covered! I've always lived by the motto the simpler the system the less points of failure!

I love the yak's and had a 50cc Yak-54. Nice and floaty! Now the plane is sitting in my bucket of balsa... :facepalm:

But I have a nice 35% Pilot Extra 260 sitting on the bench waiting to be built! :banana:

Yeah -- I'm eyeballing that 100cc Pilot Yak 55..... but would have to get a new car too just to get it to the field :)