• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Field equipment: Refueling bottle setup

G257945;16185 wrote: 2.5 gal. Blitz can off ebay. Sig pump. 3s lion battery. PSP cap. Perfect set up.

Scott

i had that pump, i just gave it away to my friend, and i got me a Seacraft pump. but that pump you are showing works awesome!! i paid under 30 dollars for it, and it is still functioning after 2 years.

made this one yesterday....

18447=12514-IMG_6110.jpg
18447=12514-IMG_6110.jpg
18447=12513-IMG_6111.jpg
18447=12513-IMG_6111.jpg
18447=12512-IMG_6112.jpg
18447=12512-IMG_6112.jpg

Good luck with the 6 shooter pump. Lots of folks complain about how it works with the line that is installed or how it works in general.

If I were to use a mechanical pump, it would be a gear drive style, much like a H9 or MPI.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Bunky F. Knuckle;18545 wrote: Good luck with the 6 shooter pump. Lots of folks complain about how it works with the line that is installed or how it works in general.

If I were to use a mechanical pump, it would be a gear drive style, much like a H9 or MPI.
I haven't used a Six Shooter in years. Are they any easier to crank than they used to be?

Bunky F. Knuckle;18545 wrote: Good luck with the 6 shooter pump. Lots of folks complain about how it works with the line that is installed or how it works in general.

i have the H9 pump, a brand new one, i will take it with me as well as back up.

yep, i can imagine, that tygon in the 6 shooter will harden, and then it will be a bear to turn the handle!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
orthobird;18553 wrote: nope, not easy, but this is my back up 5 gallon jug!!!

I wish I needed a backup 5 gallon jug. With only squeezing in 4 flights a week tops I don't need that much fuel. And that makes me very sad.:upset:

Jetpainter;18559 wrote: I wish I needed a backup 5 gallon jug. With only squeezing in 4 flights a week tops I don't need that much fuel. And that makes me very sad.:upset:

i have gone thru 10 gallons of fuel since July 15.

i went out this sunday, and ran out of fuel.

only 2 flights in

problem is, i do not like to calculate mixing the oil and the gasoline, so i know that one bottle red line with 5 gallons gasoline is 40 to 1. with that said, i do not fill up that tank up with gasoline until it is bone dry.

but now that i have two tanks, once one runs out, i can go to the backup tank. fly all i want, and on the way home, fill up the 1st tank and add one bottle of red line.

easy to me!!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
orthobird;18571 wrote: i have gone thru 10 gallons of fuel since July 15.

i went out this sunday, and ran out of fuel.

only 2 flights in

problem is, i do not like to calculate mixing the oil and the gasoline, so i know that one bottle red line with 5 gallons gasoline is 40 to 1. with that said, i do not fill up that tank up with gasoline until it is bone dry.

but now that i have two tanks, once one runs out, i can go to the backup tank. fly all i want, and on the way home, fill up the 1st tank and add one bottle of red line.

easy to me!!!!

I use a "Ratio Right" measuring cup and mix fuel in a standard jug and use that to keep my flight jug full. That way I can mix small amounts since it takes me awhile to use it, and gas just doesn't stay fresh very long these days. Plus that way I can leave the jug in the back of my truck and go in a store and not worry about coming out and my fuel, jug, pump and Secraft filler being gone.

Jetpainter;18595 wrote: I use a "Ratio Right" measuring cup and mix fuel in a standard jug and use that to keep my flight jug full. That way I can mix small amounts since it takes me awhile to use it, and gas just doesn't stay fresh very long these days. Plus that way I can leave the jug in the back of my truck and go in a store and not worry about coming out and my fuel, jug, pump and Secraft filler being gone.

jetpainter, can you believe, my DA 170 with MTW re3 pipes consumes about 4 ounces per minute.

each flight is 10 to 12 minutes long.

if i fly her 3 times, it is almost 120 ounces, which is like 1 gallon of fuel!!!

one day, i went out and flew her 9 times, getting ready for a competition, by the end of the day, i consumed 3 gallons of gasoline!!!