• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 18MZ/14SG/8FG Tips and Tricks

Judge

70cc twin V2
I never use Ailevator. I always assign both elevators to "elevator" Same stick and trim. In the AFR menu you can use a spline curve on one of the halves to match the position very precisely using a 17-point curve..

Of course getting you mechanical setup as close to perfect as possible helps. Then match centers with sub-trim and the AFR menu again to match end point. You can also use the ATV.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I never use Ailevator. I always assign both elevators to "elevator" Same stick and trim. In the AFR menu you can use a spline curve on one of the halves to match the position very precisely using a 17-point curve..

Of course getting you mechanical setup as close to perfect as possible helps. Then match centers with sub-trim and the AFR menu again to match end point. You can also use the ATV.

Is this with the 14sg? End points has travel limit settings in the 14sg but this 17 point curve you mention I do not follow unless your talking about the servo speed adjustments the 14sg offers?

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Kelly,

Let us know how you like your 18SZ. Even though I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet, I'm going through my 14MZ programming functions and I really like the way everything works. It is very similar to my 12Z but easier. Thankfully, because it took me FOREVER to learn how to program that radio after moving up from the 9C. . . . . :big_yes:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Kelly,

Let us know how you like your 18SZ. Even though I haven't had a chance to fly with it yet, I'm going through my 14MZ programming functions and I really like the way everything works. It is very similar to my 12Z but easier. Thankfully, because it took me FOREVER to learn how to program that radio after moving up from the 9C. . . . . :big_yes:

Will do David. Should be very soon. The most tedious Futaba radios I have learned where the super 7 and the 9z. But once you did learn them you absolutely loved them. IMHO Futaba has done a great job breaking down the Menu's......"System" "Linkage" "Model" and you can choose which sub menu will display as your "Home" menu and just push a button to bring up telemetry data.
Another nice feature is sub menu access through the home menu display itself. With the 14sg the hardest thing was learning to "touch" then release the dial instead of "tapping" it and getting the R7008HV to bind and log its ID code. With the help of the great guys here it was a piece of cake and made me say "DOH" I'm a Homer lol.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Afr menu?

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I added a kill switch to my Yak today, plugged it into channel 5 on my receiver and assigned a 3 position switch (SE) on my 14SG to it. It was already set at on/on/off so I'm good to go there. However I want to control the SE switch with another switch as added protection. Judge, any advice?

Thanks.