• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Futaba 18SZ

Judge

70cc twin V2
I had my 9Z for years. I had my 14MZ for 7 years. I'll try to get at least that out of my 18MZ.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I had my 9Z for years. I had my 14MZ for 7 years. I'll try to get at least that out of my 18MZ.
Like you, I plan to keep the 18MZ a long time.
I had the 14 MZ for 8 years, and just upgraded.
It was easy to cop[y and transfer all the models fro the 14 to the 18.

I had planned to keep one 14MZ as a back up., but I have to change the plans: at Joe Nall, I tried to go the other way, by copying a new model from the 18MZ, and transferred it to the 14MZ....result was bad!!!
The copying from the SD card went fine, but instead of loading the model, the 14MZ froze on a blank screen and no button worked anymore.
I went to the Futaba booth, and no one was able to unlock it. Frank took it back with him to get it restored to normal state.
Bottom line, the models are transferable only in one direction, from 14MZ to 18MZ.
I am now waiting for the release of the 18SZ which is supposed to be fully compatible as a back up system.

Judge

70cc twin V2
I am now waiting for the release of the 18SZ which is supposed to be fully compatible as a back up system.

Did Frank mentions that?? I have not seen anything on that point. I sure hope it is true!!! That would just make me want one even more.

And for the record, I pay for my stuff. I get a discount, but trust me, it still leaves a hole in the bank account. I mention that because on another forum some guy cast asparagus in my direction saying I got stuff for free which meant that anything I posted was suspect. My posts may be suspect, but not because I am a souless shill:msn_slap:

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Did Frank mentions that?? I have not seen anything on that point. I sure hope it is true!!! That would just make me want one even more.
Yes, that is what Frank told me.
This is the perfect solution to my Joe Nall dilemma: I needed two planes flown together, and I don't want to have to buy another 18MZ.
I will sell the 14 when it comes back, and wait for the new 18SZ....
...and I buy my stuff too!

Robotech

70cc twin V2

And for the record, I pay for my stuff. I get a discount, but trust me, it still leaves a hole in the bank account. I mention that because on another forum some guy cast asparagus in my direction saying I got stuff for free which meant that anything I posted was suspect. My posts may be suspect, but not because I am a souless shill:msn_slap:

Yea, maybe so, but you get free t-shirts. :attaboy:

Mikeq

150cc
I work cheap, no question, but not THAT cheap!! :confused:

Judge from the time I have known you it seems you get more than your fair share of t-shirt conjecture and for the life of me I never understood why. I guess I'm too late to the party but you have always struck me as honest and knowledgeable about all things Futaba. You're the biggest Futaba advocate I know of and I think they ought to and should give you free stuff. I know the 14SG thread you started on FG had a lot of influence on my decision to purchase that transmitter. You are in no way a shill..