• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Generators?

I have a Yamaha 2000 that works great but it's to heavy for me to carry. I don.t need 2000 watts to run a fan or charge batteries. Wished I could find a quality 1000 watt generator that doesn't weigh more than 10 lbs.
http://www.harborfreight.com/900-pe...ycle-gas-generator-epacarb-60338.html#reviews
I've been using this for 4 years now. Pretty sure it's been 4 years. Perfect for fans, chargers, light duty stuff. I do use redline 40:1 oil I it because it is Chinese. I have a Honda 2000 and use this harbor freight generator all the time. I know a few people that have them and love them. Pretty quiet also. I put it on the other side of my vehicle from where we all congregate and can barely hear it when no one is flying.

ryan_m

100cc
I have a Yamaha 2000 that works great but it's to heavy for me to carry. I don.t need 2000 watts to run a fan or charge batteries. Wished I could find a quality 1000 watt generator that doesn't weigh more than 10 lbs.

Honda makes a 1000 watt unit that weighs 37 lb.
The Yamaha 2000 watt unit is 44 lb according to their site, so the honda little one isn't much lighter. Nor is the harbor freight one that was posted, it's also 37lb.

But... Yamaha makes a 1000 watt unit too, and it's only 27 lb. Might be just what you are looking for:
http://www.yamahagenerators.com/EF1000iS-p/ef1000is.htm
not quite 10lb, but probably as close as you are going to get.

Alky6

150cc
You need one of these! A Tiny Tiger. Weighs next to nothing, two-stroke (so you've got fuel available). Maybe a little light on power (300 watts +-) though.... :dancing-chicken:

image.jpg

Thanks for the input. The Yamaha or Honda 1000 sounds like the answer. The Tiny Tiger is Cool but I need a little more power and a four stroke motor.