• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Grumman F8F Bearcat "Jerry Bates 1/5"

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This build of the F8F how big is if I am not mistaken it is about 70 inch wingspan with a 50cc engine.
A while back I was looking at trying to find a F8F Bearcat but big enough to except a 250 radial but was not successful.

So this is the real fold hinge line.
FB_IMG_1524345459641.jpg

When i decided to tackle this little project I wanted to keep the expense as low as possible. I also am building a TF giant Corsair at the same time so I needed to save some money if I am doing this to both. The beacat hinge line is a little simpler to deal with so I've started this one 1st. Here are a couple of pics of the hinge line. My intent is to use standard servos for the operation and will all be accessible through the hing line. In the 1st photo, the wire that you see will actually be the locking pin. I also want to have a pin come up through the top of the wing to indicate lock engagement. Still developing but i have a plan. Then I need to figure out to connect the fold servo.
P_20190106_132003.jpg. P_20190106_132020.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
86 inch WS that is a reasonably big warbird. It is a nice size and you can do some nice details to it. Like your folding wing that is interesting. Clearance in the bolt holes would be my biggest concern to keep alignment right and to make sure that the wing tip is tight and does not flop around. Nice build

Pikestaff

New to GSN!
OK, more than a year now since last update - you’re killing us, Smalls!

Hoping all is well and you are just neck-deep in builds. But this big ol’ Bearcat is the one I wanna see!

Sorry for the delays e everyone. Had some personal issues but all is well. The wing fold got to be to much with everything else happening so i ditched that idea. Currently doing some fine tuning on a bomb release and wing pylon. I got myself a 3d printer. Looks like it will work really well. I had to modify my original pylon for a more scale look. I do have a ? Though. The metal stabilizer supports will only fit the 1000lb size bomb and not the 500lb. Looking for pics of both if anyone has them