• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN at the NEAT Fair, Sept 12-14

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Who's going to the NEAT Fair? Staying for the weekend?

attachment.php

www.neatfair.org

The plan was to be there for the day on Saturday but it's looking more like I'll be heading up there Friday and staying the night. It will depend on the weather forecast but let's hear from you guys...who else is planning to go and how long will you be staying?

14422=8072-neat4.gif]
14422=8072-neat4.gif

Firefly

30cc
its worth going up Friday night just to see the night fly, Saturday night fly does not have as many planes up due to the night contests.

and it gets COLD up there at night.

Firefly

30cc
it is only 1.5 hr drive for me, so I am going Sat to look but not fly. It's too busy for me to fly there. Previously I stayed at my parents trailer which is 20 mins away, I go Friday then came back to see the night flying.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
ok, it looks like i'm going to leave around 3 which will put me up there around 6 on Friday night and I'll stay all day Saturday and head home in the evening.

Cool!

Firefly

30cc
Bartman;15017 wrote: ok, it looks like i'm going to leave around 3 which will put me up there around 6 on Friday night and I'll stay all day Saturday and head home in the evening.

Cool!

Where you staying?

Also do you have any GSN shirts to sell?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i'm not sure yet, i think I'm bringing a tent and a friend of mine from Vt. is probably going to meet me there.

Do you know if I could park my Suburban along the flight line where people will be setting up tents? I'm not familiar with the lay out there at all but if I could sleep in the Suburban I'd probably prefer that to the tent.

Not sure about t-shirts, I'll see if I can get some by Friday to bring with me.

Thanks,

Bart

Firefly

30cc
I also forgot to mention, cell phone service is very weak there , may not work at all or you may be lucky to find a 'spot' where it works, some people put signs marking the spots.

you can park your Suburban in grass area, third or forth row from the flight line if you have a camping pass. might want to call the campground to ask to be sure. Also check this out, lots of pics of past events here http://www.nypeacefulvalley.com/events.html and http://neatfair.org/previous.php

also there usually a map of grounds of were the vendors are, I don't see it this year or maybe it has not been released yet.