• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Illinois

X-Plane

New to GSN!
Just wanted to introduce myself as the guy who never built his original Byron F-16 that has been in storage since 1986(?). It did not include the engine or ducted fan. My question is, I would like to know a little bit more about a possible electric conversion and would appreciate any info that might point me in the right direction.

Glad to be on board
Best Regards,

Dennis aka x-plane

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome!!

The only thing I could find on the Byron F16 is an 11 year old thread. They used a DynaMax XPS system 563kv motor on 12S 5000 packs with a 110A ESC. This info came from R C G and the guys has posted a bunch on YouTube if you look up "Billy D".

I dont have any ducted fans or jets so I cannot be much help there.

X-Plane

New to GSN!
Welcome!!

The only thing I could find on the Byron F16 is an 11 year old thread. They used a DynaMax XPS system 563kv motor on 12S 5000 packs with a 110A ESC. This info came from R C G and the guys has posted a bunch on YouTube if you look up "Billy D".

I dont have any ducted fans or jets so I cannot be much help there.

Appreciate the info!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome to GSN.
Can you tell us a little more about the plane. Ie weight and the size of fan that the plane was designed for.

X-Plane

New to GSN!
Welcome to GSN.
Can you tell us a little more about the plane. Ie weight and the size of fan that the plane was designed for.

This is a large scale Byron Glas F-16 originally designed to drive a Byron Ducted fan with a .60 engine. The completed model is approx 6' long. DSC_0558.JPG DSC_0537.JPG DSC_0529.JPG
Thats all I know about this. I have added a few pics; some one else may have better background info..

Thanks for asking....