• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hello from Navy

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
. . . . . Also built/flew the Don Lowe Phoenix 7 and Bridi Dirty Birdy. . . . . . . i still have a gorgeous Kraft model "Superfli" that Joe Bridi kitted for a few years. Kraft in his later years got into full size and built basically a Pitts Special in a mono lower wing configuration. He called it the Superfli. I spray painted that as well. Has a Webra .91 still in it and running strong.

Hey @Bearbow,

Now you're talking my kind of airplanes. . . . . :yesss:. There are a few other gentlemen on here that share the love of the classics with us like @dhal22 and @Jetpainter. There may be more, but they haven't confessed to the love yet. . . . . :laughing:. My current classic pattern fleet consists of a Dirty Birdy with an OS61FSR and a pipe, a scratch built Kaos 60 with an OS Gold Head 60, a scratch built Mach 1 that is going to get a Super Tigre Blue Head G60 with a pipe, a kit built Dalotel that has a five port Rossi 61RE with an enclosed pipe and in Illusion kit that is yet to be started which is going to get a YS60SF and a pipe.

There is a thread, here on GSN for discussion on everything that is not related to Giant Scale. Why don't you visit the thread and post some pics of your Classics. I'd love to see them. . . :yesss:.

David

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I have a few dozen classic pattern planes (and a few kits.............). My go to plane is a hanger 9 phoenix 7 with an OS 55 AX on a pipe. With wheels up it moves along just fine. I'm about ready to restart my MK Cosmos scratch build.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome! And nice Cougar in your avatar!

My second airplane back in 85 was a used Speeda, a ballistic pattern classic, with a HP .61 Gold Cup and a tuned pipe. People said I was nuts for trying that after a trainer, but it survived, and I've been hooked ever since. I was planning on a Tipo 750 build this winter, but instead I'm putting together a Hangar 9 Extra 300x 120cc that I won here on GSN.:first_place: