• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Counts only if you went outside and ran around your yard making airplane noise's with your arms stretched out when taking a break from working on your Pinnacle. :laughing:I think Rob would agree:yesss:.
Not sure I could agree completely. Unless.... David flapped his arms hard enough to actually become airborne.:laughing:

This is the flying thread not the workshop thread, so, NO!
Then yes, I would say it counts. :yesss:
I tried that once. Just could not get enough lift. But then, when did you ever see a lead weight fly?
:lol2:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Snoops....there is no help for us. LOL. I snapped a few photos from today's outing. We all had a pretty good time. The weather was....well, it is January. Can we expect anything other than what we had here in the Northwest? A bit chilly but the sun was shinning for a little while. It did start getting a little breezy and the cold really started biting our fingers. But plenty of heaters and coffee and conversation kept us going. Unfortunately, we had one season starter fatality. The AMA District Vise President lost a Kadet trainer. Ugh...not at all his fault. Before the "expiration date" flight...myself, Bryan (AMA), my son and one other fella decided to do some hot rod racing in the sky. My little O.S. 70 surpass stomped the competition. hee hee. Shortly after that, Bryan took off and as he was climbing out, the main wing decided to say..."See Ya"! Never liked the design myself. You all probably remember how the main wing slid into the front former with the "rib" finger. Liteply doubler that joins the wing, then slides into the front former of the fuse and then two nylon screws at the back of the wing. Well, the rib finger let loose and that is all she wrote. Sadly, the plane did a full powered arch back down to the partly frozen ground and lawn darted the plane up the engine. The plane is a loss, but hey...I guess it happens. Other than that, the brave souls that dared to challenge the cold winter weather had a pretty good time. I know I needed the flight time badly.

20190101_140918.jpg 20190101_140923.jpg 20190101_140942.jpg 20190101_140958.jpg 20190101_141001.jpg

So looking forward to Spring!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Today was our "Frozen Finger Fly" the weather was pretty miserable, cold, wet, and windy, but it didn't stop a lot of people. I didn't fly, but I did enjoy a few bowls of awesome chili from our chili cook off. The field was partly flooded from a ton of rain Monday and one of the guys had to wade out in the cold water to get his plane after plopping it down while playing down low.

We have a quonset hut with a wood burning stove so you could stay warm in the wet 30's weather.

Here are some low quality pictures I stole from our clubs Facebook page.

Screenshot_20190101-191757.jpg
Screenshot_20190101-195059.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Today was our "Frozen Finger Fly" the weather was pretty miserable, cold, wet, and windy, but it didn't stop a lot of people. I didn't fly, but I did enjoy a few bowls of awesome chili from our chili cook off. The field was partly flooded from a ton of rain Monday and one of the guys had to wade out in the cold water to get his plane after plopping it down while playing down low.

We have a quonset hut with a wood burning stove so you could stay warm in the wet 30's weather.

Here are some low quality pictures I stole from our clubs Facebook page.

View attachment 107946 View attachment 107947
Wow. You guys had an awesome turnout! :yesss:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice to see you guys getting out and flying. Went to our field it was one big lake with thin layer of ice. One person tried to go in but got stuck within 10 ft and it was 4 wheel drive truck. We got him out by that time most of us had enough and went home.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow. You guys had an awesome turnout! :yesss:
Yes we did!
We have a new Vice President that has made it his mission to have a lot of events this year. He's going to try and do at least a little something every month and several bigger events during the year. He's has plans to try and get some of the general public to our swap meet at the end of March and have an aircraft display, along with the sale itself. It was his calling members and pushing things along that made the good turnout. He gave out prizes for the best chili, most flight time, and held a raffle for some stuff from Redwing RC. I think the club lost a few bucks, but all that attended had a good time, and that is the point. I even bought a nice Redwing Hoodie from the Redwing guy. He's a big guy like me, so he has "Real Man" sizes.:lol2: