• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IAC to Move Nationals to Oshkosh in 2017

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Always thought it'd be a hoot to limit the throttle on our IMAC planes so the thrust matches the plane's weight. Then go a fly the sequences!!! That'd be way more realistic power to weight.

BTW - down humpty's with a pull bottom are the worst....high G for an extended duration :gnashing:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Earle, Maybe we should do our own GSN One Design project where we all build the same airframe/engine combo and then see who can get the highest score by the end of the year at an IMAC contest.

50cc maybe and we'll agree to fly it in Sportsman so more people can try it?

A scale airframe for 50cc power would be what, like 96" and around 23 lbs?

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
it's also really cool for RC guys the first time they get to walk up close to all of these full scale airplanes that they've only seen in magazines and online. it's surprising to see how small an MXS, Cap, or Pitts S1 really are!
I was like a kid in a candy store in the pits at the Reno air races in 87. More cool airplanes than you could shake a stick at. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a T6 or a Pitts, they were everywhere. Not to mention the P51's a couple Corsairs, Bearcats and a P38.

I even rode in an elevator that weekend at the Reno Hilton with a very drunk famous airshow team performer that will remain nameless.;)

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Earle, Maybe we should do our own GSN One Design project where we all build the same airframe/engine combo and then see who can get the highest score by the end of the year at an IMAC contest.

50cc maybe and we'll agree to fly it in Sportsman so more people can try it?

A scale airframe for 50cc power would be what, like 96" and around 23 lbs?
Nice idea....but I've got a Krill to finish and then resurrect my old 87" Extra from the salvage yard (tractor shop).

Limiting thrust to the actual model weight would be easy to do with any existing plane. A good fish scale (up to about 50#) for tying the tail....bring throttle up to see about where it needs to be.....adjust the end point and recheck. Then go fly.....and use energy management!!!!!!!!!!!