• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2016, Official Noise Policy?

Rusty 73

100cc
Now if you flew one of these old F-1 pylon racer , you would definitely great a noise violation .
This is one of my F1 pylon racers from 1989 , VERY LOUD .
Prop ripping yes , to many Db's yes and extremely fast at a given , but a shear joy to fly .
I have many great memories from these racing aircraft but after a twenty plus year leave of absence i need to new ones. Like the joy from flying a my 3dhs Extra shp 30 or my new PAU 35% Extra SP aircraft doing aerobatic Imac manuvers .:woohoo!:

Attachments

• Russell\'s Denight .pdf
    1 MB · Views: 531
Last edited:
Coming home from Joe Nall on the last Saturday, I stopped at the gas station just as I entered Woodruff to fill up.

I have a trailer to pull my planes with aircraft on the side.

As I went in to pay the clerk said to me "Are you one of those damn airplane flyers" I said yes.

She said "I glad it's over the noise over my house is unbearable"!

Coming home from Joe Nall on the last Saturday, I stopped at the gas station just as I entered Woodruff to fill up.

I have a trailer to pull my planes with aircraft on the side.

As I went in to pay the clerk said to me "Are you one of those damn airplane flyers" I said yes.

Interesting response to your answer by the clerk. Just about everyone, actually everyone, I encountered in Woodruff, over the years, have thanked me for coming and spending money in Woodruff. Old mill towns like woodruff have had to reinvent themselves and I suspect if events stopped happening at TT Woodruff would suffer quite dramatically, from an economic stand point. Lady clerk at advance auto last year found out I was attending Nall, when I went in for a brake light replacement on my trailer, thanked me for spending money at her business and having the event that brought so many visitors to her community. I told her I was glad to do business with the folks in Woodruff and to thank Mr Pat Hartness for the event!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp

Either B.S., highly exaggerated, hypersensitive..................... or B.S. Even if you stop just outside the front gate you can hardly hear airplanes. Drive down the road on either side of TT and you'll be lucky to hear airplanes. All the wooded area around make this one extremely hard for me to believe.

Also looking like the Canada attendees are extra worried about the sound so by all means please bring your quietest planes when you come just to be sure. Even when you sign up this year there are not any real notes different than last year regarding sound ordinance. Just do the same as last years and make sure your brain is connected to the throttle stick and everything will be good for years to come.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
100 days away :brian-banana::banana-dance::dancing-chicken::devil-dance::dancing-poop::fist_pump::spongebob::laughing::yesss::big_yes::woohoo!::too-happy::peace-out::cheers::D:):afro::angel::mario-banana::joy::congrats::too-cool::epic::attaboy::first_place::focus:
giphy.gif

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I see some jets on the Nall videos on the tube. They don't sound db compliant to me. How did all the noise stuff work out this year?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
I see some jets on the Nall videos on the tube. They don't sound db compliant to me. How did all the noise stuff work out this year?
I haven't heard anything bad, heard a few prop rips, but they had a horn to warn those few. Jets everywhere again no complaints that I have heard. Now the IDIOTS in camping area an there generators, add in running glow planes in camp, thats another story. I've never been ready to leave RC heaven, but I was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY to pull out 3 days early, and head home to mama, an the baby.