• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall!!! May 11th-18th 2013

coreman

50cc
leaving friday. I hope the field dries out soon. They are restricting the vendors from arriving before friday due to the recent rains and field conditions. Might be able to rudder dunk just unpacking!!

leaving friday. I hope the field dries out soon. They are restricting the vendors from arriving before friday due to the recent rains and field conditions. Might be able to rudder dunk just unpacking!!

Safe travels. We are hoping to get there late late Monday or Tuesday. Hope it dries out before then!

Hey guys!

Just letting y'all know tomorrow I will headed to Joe Nall! Woohoo! I will be arriving on Saturday and will be camping down at the 3D Flight Line. If y'all are there come by and say hello! I will be running around taking pictures for the site and being an ambassador in Gyro's place (yeah right), but i'll try!

Hope to see many of y'all there!

Thanks
Brian

dskuro95

100cc
If anyone here is going to Nall and they have Hitec hs 225's, 5245, or spektrum a 5040's please let me know. I need 2 and I am not sure that anyone will be selling them there.
Thanks a ton in advance,
Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Our WAA-08 plane will be at The Joe Nall this year. If you see her, please stop by and say HI to Scott C. Scott is the VP of the Western Carolina Radio Control and is showcasing the SQuiRT for us.

Frank

If anyone here is going to Nall and they have Hitec hs 225's, 5245, or spektrum a 5040's please let me know. I need 2 and I am not sure that anyone will be selling them there.
Thanks a ton in advance,
Dan

You gotta remember where you're going to be man! Joe Nall has sooo many vendors it will make your head spin! Don't sorry about finding servos! :)

dskuro95

100cc
Well I am writing this on my way home from Joe Nall.

Friday:
I had to go to school and then finish packing before we left. We left around 4:30 and drove until 1:30am. We slept in a rest area until 5am.

Saturday:
We left the rest area and got to the Nall around 10:30am. My dad wanted to fly on the Main Line and the electric line while I wanted to be on the 3D Line and the electric line. So we stayed right in the middle at the electric line. We setup camp, and I went and said hello to the 3DHS gang. Joe, Wamsy and I went a flew a little bit. Brian(Yak Dude) came over and introduced himself along with a foreign exchange student that is staying with named Maggie.( JOE :) ). Then Noll showed up with the 3DHS trailer and I helped set up. I got to go to dinner with the 3DHS team. When we got back from dinner I bought a yellow 3DHS 58" Edge 540. Brian and I set up the plane in 2 hours! Ahh yes the boat rides.. I can't exactly go into detail about it but Brian you had it coming ;p. And Joe maybe you sit on the left side of the boat next time.

Sunday:
My dad and I spent the day on the electric and MAin Flight line most of time. We each flew 5 flights on my dad's Carf-Models 118" Extra 260. I also maidened the 58 Edge. I also got to fly Chris Thorpe's 104" Slick!

Monday:
My dad is a self-employer and one of his customers lives an hour from Nall. So he went there while I spent the day at the 3D Line. Second flight of the Day on the 87" SHP and I have mid-air!!! The tail was cut off right behind the canopy, the motor box was hurt, and the right wing snapped in half. My 87 got destroyed and I was not a happy camper. But my dad was especially poed because he wanted the plane on the main flight line because it was my IMAC plane. The plane was a gonner.

Tuesday:
MY dad and I wanted to find a replacement for the 87" SHP so I still could compete in IMAC(won't let me use the CARF) so we went looking. 3DHS was out of stock on all 50cc'ers. So we went and bought a Pilot RC 87" Extra 300. Later in the day I wanted to walk the line and look at other peoples planes. On my way back to my Pop-up tent a 3DHS 87" Extra 300 SHP catches my eye. It was for sale! It unfortunately was blue but the plane was perfect. IT had a DLE-55, Hitec 6985mg's, and a Spektrum AR7000 receiver in it. It also had 2 batteries. It was an estate sale and the guy was asking $975. I wound up paying $800 for everything! I wanted to continue running HV servos with more torque oz's so I swapped out the servos for my 7954SH's. I needed a prop for the DLE so I bought a Falcon 23x8. WE also made a 2am trip to the waffle house!

Mean Time:
In the mean time, our neighbor there was a super nice guy. He is retired and travels the country going to almost every event. He likes to repair and scratch build planes. When he saw my crashed 87, he wanted to fix the 87. I asked him if he would be interested in taking with him and repairing it. He agreed but told me he couldn't get it to me until Thanksgiving because of all the events. But it doesn't matter because I have a new IMAC Plane. I am going to take the servos 6985mg's, either the DA-50r or the Dle55, and a Futaba receiver and make the repaired one m 3D 50ccer. That is if I don't sell mine for the 3DHS edge or yak. Of course I have been flying as well with Wamsy, Joe, and Brian.

Wednesday:
I was talking to Noll about the prototypes and he let me fly the orange electric Edge. It is a super smooth, precise plane in low rates, but can be violent and fast in high rates. It is very agile as well. I also flew the red electric yak. THe yak is very smooth and agile as well. I felt it to have a little more capability in maneuvers and a bit more floaty. Gotta love a second trip in a row to the Waffle house.

Thursday: We packed up and left. I am hoping to hang out with the same guys at the NJ FLI. I had an awesome time at my first Nall. I'm glad I really got to become friends with Joe, Wamsy, and Brian. Joe, good luck on you know who.

Choo Choo! (inside Joke)​