• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR xbus

slowgto

30cc
I have a 12x currently and like the idea of dmss and xbus just to get more power to the servos with less wiring. does the xg11mv have more balance features and where do you get a modual for it to use dsm2?
Yes, it has the balance features, you can also adjust where the balance point exists.... not just in pre-set places like other radios. I have both the XG14 and XG8 and the programming is vast and the signal lock seems to be the best yet!

slowgto

30cc
how would you compare the gimble feel and programming on those two radios?
I was a helicopter guy for a long time so I compare everything to the original JR9303. In this order from worst to best... 4. JR XG8 3. DX18 2. DX9 1. JR XG14 That being said the JR XG14 gimabals are the closest to the 9303 I have felt in years. They are amazingly smooth out of the box.

Flyingjon

70cc twin V2
I have no JR experience other than my XG11 but I have to say that it's far and above the hitec and spectrum units I've owned. I've also handled a Futaba 14SG but even that doesn't compare to the feel of my radio. Programming is very extensive but not hard to figure out.

Bogan

New to GSN!
I'm using the x-bus duo receiver in 40% with XG14 and XG14e. Just plug the servos into the duo and go. No x-bus setup needed the duo channels are all preset. Works great. Also using the infinity rx setup. If you only have two stab servos just run regular jr leads down the tail. If you have 4 servos down there then run a Deans lead and a signal wire. But who needs 4 stab servos these days ? 6311 has 36kg torque. That's about a gallon right ?

crashflow

70cc twin V2
I went to the lhs today and picked up and played with an 11x. dx9 and a dx18. They didn't have any other jr radios for comparison but I really liked the feel of the dx9 I just don't think it is feasible to set up a 40% on that radio. I am a pinch flyer and for some reason the 11x wanted to fall out of my grip. The dx 18 felt good as well but big. I wish I could have got my hands on a xg14. I like the idea of running a heavy power lead and a single extension to the back of the plane to a 4 place converter with the xbus . but I don't like the idea of redoing all my planes and foamies with new recievers$$$$$$$ I guess I will just stick to my 12x dsm2 for now .

If you really want to switch over to DMSS (I highly recommend) selling your DSMX/2 receivers is usually pretty easy. When I made the switch my receivers sold like hotcakes. It took me a few months to totally switch also as I moved planes over. I like the programming of the XG11 a lot but the XG14 is also really good. The XG14 I think fits my hands better and has a similar fit to my old 9303 I had. However I do know a few people that bought the XG14 and then took it back for the XG11 because they liked the feel better on the 11. Its all what feels good. I will say (it has been a while since I have seen the programming) the Spektrum transmitters are not near as good on the programming side. They are lacking programming when compared to the JR transmitters.

BTW, I use a neck strap with my XG11. It makes the transmitter more comfortable to handle. At least for me.