1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
    Dismiss Notice

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by stangflyer, Sep 28, 2016.

1. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

We are up to 9" currently and still coming down.

HRRC Flyer likes this.
  2. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

20170107_090646.jpg

Just did a quick weighing of everything. Without wiring, including everything else she's coming in at 21 lbs., 8.4 ounces. Taking into consideration last minute nuts, bolts and hardware and harnesses, I should still be able to make under 25 lbs. This could be lots of fun with the "Dub" 70 up front.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    js-rc, kork, ChickenBalls and 6 others like this.
  3. stangflyer

Thanks David. BTW, I hate winter as well. I want some balmy 30 degree weather. hearty-laugh.gif

Feeling your pain. Want our 20+ inches with another 6-12 on the way? How about some shirt sleeve -30 degree temps. to go with it? Ugh!! Suicide.gif

4. WMcNabb

WMcNabb GSN Sponsor Tier 1

That is GORGEOUS!!

And an excellent addition to any living room!

5. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

I belive you made the right choice it does look good.
    Just as a side note it hit Zero to day it is dam cold and the Windows are freezing up.

Maxwell1945 and stangflyer like this.
  6. stangflyer

Hey thanks...it looks much prettier than I had envisioned. You hit zero? Is that all? Hit me up when you hit 30 below and the snow is taler than your pooch. (X10) lol... I can't believe this crazy weather.

Snoopy1, Maxwell1945 and Jetpainter like this.
  7. Pistolera

Pistolera HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!

:fist_pump:

stangflyer likes this.
  8. stangflyer

Ok everyone.... I am going to probably be making some changes to the setup that I originally planned for the Pitts. I had planned to install Hitec HS7954SH's throughout the plane, (except for the throttle). But I am now thinking that is going to be far more overkill than really is necessary. I believe in using components that will be much more than I need for a variety of different reasons. But honestly, 403 oz. per surface on a plane this size is about 4 times more than I really need. So, I have been looking at options. I have been considering using the HS 5665's throughout, including the throttle as I always do on everything else. But my main concern is centering accuracy. I purchased a full compliment of HS 5685's for a friends 30% Pilot Edge not long ago. We installed them and man, the centering was so terrible they couldn't even center with "NO" load on them. Not really sure what was up with them, as I have always been very impressed with Hitec servos. Plus I like the programmability of the Hitec servos. With that being said, I am looking for input on suggestions for suitable servos for this plane. Maybe @Xpress would be willing to chime in and give us some insight huh? Due to having my programmer, and about a million 24T spline aluminum servo arms...not to mention the customer service I have always received from Hitec, I want to stay with Hitec servos. What's your thoughts???

9. pawnshopmike

pawnshopmike Staff Member

10. Notorious B.E.N.

Notorious B.E.N. 100cc

I'd look at some of the MKS coreless HV servos.