• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
20170107_090646.jpg

Just did a quick weighing of everything. Without wiring, including everything else she's coming in at 21 lbs., 8.4 ounces. Taking into consideration last minute nuts, bolts and hardware and harnesses, I should still be able to make under 25 lbs. This could be lots of fun with the "Dub" 70 up front.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I'm glad SOMEONE is getting the most out of this lousy weather. Temperatures here on Wednesday were in the low 60's with sunny skies and there is at least 6" of snow on the ground this morning and it's still coming down. Did I ever tell you guy's how much I HATE winter? . . . . . . :very_angry:

Your wing looks awesome, Rob. . . . . :yesss:
Thanks David. BTW, I hate winter as well. I want some balmy 30 degree weather.
hearty-laugh.gif

Especially when I had to drive to work this morning in it and not an operator in site to run the machines.
View attachment 92618
Feeling your pain. Want our 20+ inches with another 6-12 on the way? How about some shirt sleeve -30 degree temps. to go with it? Ugh!!
Suicide.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Some peeps gotz coffee tables in their livin' room. Some peeps gotz elegant furniture. Baaa....ya'll can have all dat. I gotz a "Pitts" in my living room.
View attachment 92620
View attachment 92621
Yes, I am incredibly happy. This should satisfy a few inquiring minds. Hee hee
I belive you made the right choice it does look good.
Just as a side note it hit Zero to day it is dam cold and the Windows are freezing up.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok everyone.... I am going to probably be making some changes to the setup that I originally planned for the Pitts. I had planned to install Hitec HS7954SH's throughout the plane, (except for the throttle). But I am now thinking that is going to be far more overkill than really is necessary. I believe in using components that will be much more than I need for a variety of different reasons. But honestly, 403 oz. per surface on a plane this size is about 4 times more than I really need. So, I have been looking at options. I have been considering using the HS 5665's throughout, including the throttle as I always do on everything else. But my main concern is centering accuracy. I purchased a full compliment of HS 5685's for a friends 30% Pilot Edge not long ago. We installed them and man, the centering was so terrible they couldn't even center with "NO" load on them. Not really sure what was up with them, as I have always been very impressed with Hitec servos. Plus I like the programmability of the Hitec servos. With that being said, I am looking for input on suggestions for suitable servos for this plane. Maybe @Xpress would be willing to chime in and give us some insight huh? Due to having my programmer, and about a million 24T spline aluminum servo arms...not to mention the customer service I have always received from Hitec, I want to stay with Hitec servos. What's your thoughts???