• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
No, I have no objection to red, white & purple. I just have an objection to 80 hour work weeks. . . . . . .:sneaky:. I would like to build one of these, but I already have too many projects in line to think about it now. My Buddy is also wrapping up his now so I get to see how one flies before I get a kit.

I just got a 98" Ohio RC Sukhoi kit to build. I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get to it this year, but hopefully next year I will be able to start on it. I'm thinking of putting my 3Dub 100 in it, but it may be a bit too much engine. . . . . .:yesss:.

Oooops, I better get back on subject. Keep up the AWESOME work, Buddy.
Ohio RC Sukhoi? I remember those. As I remember, they are a sweet flying plane. I'd like to see your buddies Pitts when it is done. I'd also be "VERY" interested to know how it flies. Oh, and weight too. Lol

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Rob,

I will post some pictures when I see it this spring. My buddy teases me and won't let me see it until he brings it out to the field. I will ask him how much his weighs tomorrow and let you know.

Take care

BalsaDust

DrEvil turned his orginal jetec Pitts into a monoplane. Did it over on FG. I'm sure the jetec guys now about it as I think drevil lives around them. Haven't heard from him in a couple years though. He was a hoot.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I spent the day getting the elevators set up and realized I do not have turn buckles long enough to make the distance from the servo arm to the control horns ball link. So I guess I'll place an order for some.

I also now have the tail feathers flying wires installed. They turned out better than I expected them to.

Every time I think I'll get to the canopy, I remember there was something else I needed to finish up. But honestly guys, I think I really truly have it all about complete except for the canopy and cowl. (Until I find something else tomorrow) Lol

20170201_181830.jpg
20170201_181842.jpg
20170201_181933.jpg

More later I'm sure. Sheesh....lol

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

I spoke to my Buddy about the weight of his S12. He told me he hasn't weighed it yet, but he's thinking that it will end up between 20 and 22 pounds. He based this off the weight of his Weeks. He said the wings on his Weeks are a bit lighter that the S12 , but the fuselage on his S12 is much lighter than the Weeks. Also the 3W70 CS twin in his S12 is a least a pound and a half lighter than the old school 3W 70 in his Weeks. My Buddy is almost exactly at the same stage on his as you are on yours. He just has his canopy to finish up and the cowl to paint.

I cannot wait to see BOTH of these AWESOME Bipes finished. . . . . :big_yes:

I know this is a little off topic, but I think you and most everyone who is following your build LOVE a sweet engine. You guys need to go onto You Tube and type "Phoenix V4" in the search box (without the quotes) and watch the short video clips. I am a lifetime member of RCSB and there is a build thread on the design and construction of this engine. If you are like me, this freaking thing will blow you away. . . . . :yesss:

Later Buddy

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I spent the day getting the elevators set up and realized I do not have turn buckles long enough to make the distance from the servo arm to the control horns ball link. So I guess I'll place an order for some.

I also now have the tail feathers flying wires installed. They turned out better than I expected them to.

Every time I think I'll get to the canopy, I remember there was something else I needed to finish up. But honestly guys, I think I really truly have it all about complete except for the canopy and cowl. (Until I find something else tomorrow) Lol

View attachment 93306 View attachment 93307 View attachment 93308

More later I'm sure. Sheesh....lol

Just looking at the covering it is well done the pin striping looks nice. How is the pin striping put down. I believe you cut all the striping your self.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

I spoke to my Buddy about the weight of his S12. He told me he hasn't weighed it yet, but he's thinking that it will end up between 20 and 22 pounds. He based this off the weight of his Weeks. He said the wings on his Weeks are a bit lighter that the S12 , but the fuselage on his S12 is much lighter than the Weeks. Also the 3W70 CS twin in his S12 is a least a pound and a half lighter than the old school 3W 70 in his Weeks. My Buddy is almost exactly at the same stage on his as you are on yours. He just has his canopy to finish up and the cowl to paint.

I cannot wait to see BOTH of these AWESOME Bipes finished. . . . . :big_yes:

I know this is a little off topic, but I think you and most everyone who is following your build LOVE a sweet engine. You guys need to go onto You Tube and type "Phoenix V4" in the search box (without the quotes) and watch the short video clips. I am a lifetime member of RCSB and there is a build thread on the design and construction of this engine. If you are like me, this freaking thing will blow you away. . . . . :yesss:

Later Buddy

That's awesome David. Thanks for the info. I will check out the video in a bit. I am always intrigued with the operations of an engine. I too want my Pitts done. I can hardly wait. I am very excited to mash the gas pedal and fly the crap outta this thing. Lol

Just looking at the covering it is well done the pin striping looks nice. How is the pin striping put down. I believe you cut all the striping your self.

Thank you. Yes the pin stripe is 1/8" Silver Ultracote stripe. Know what it is like to go through 47 number 11 Hobby knife blades? Not exaggerating a bit. Ultracote is hard on blades. Lol

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Any issues with the instructions you can blame on Dr. Evil. He lives about 2 hrs from us and is close to wacobipe ( sorry Brett) We have been friends for close to 30 years. Sorry about the Stool sample!! He actually help teach Kevin how to fly when he was young. Lots of bad habits I had to break him of after that!!

I have found a couple of pictures of my Pitts and Dr. Evil's (aka as I call him Fluffy ) His is the pink one. Yes he did actually turn it into a mono plane after awhile.

Attachments

• IMG_2552.JPG
    IMG_2552.JPG
    355.7 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_2551.JPG
    IMG_2551.JPG
    429.1 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    532.4 KB · Views: 226