• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC Radiowave 3.1m MX2 Build

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Since the shootout has been officially announced I figure I better make some time and get back to working on the MX2 so Shulman can use it there. Since the fuse is pretty much squared away for now I am going to move onto the foam parts. I finally had a chance to cut all the parts out right before Joe Nall so now I am ready to sheet them.

Today I am going to try and tackle the turtledeck and the rudder if the day goes according to plan. My dad made all the sheeting the other day so that has made life a lot easier. Since we are using Gorilla glue to do all the sheeting he was able to just tape the sheeting together instead of edge gluing. Since he made the sheeting for the turtledeck a week or two ago it has formed nicely to the shape of the turtledeck, the only problem I found was it did not want to lay flat again so I actually had to spead the gorilla glue on the sheeting while it was in the shuck. Not a huge issue but it did make it a bit more work. Since we have the vacuum bagging setup here I decided I would bag the turtledeck to save some time. Out of all the planes we have done this is actually the first time we have bagged the turtledeck (don't have a reason why we didn't do it before though).

Here is a pic of the turtledeck in the bag. It has been in for about 45 minutes from the time I post this and already the gorilla glue seems to be setting off pretty well.
20150528_113903_resized.jpg

BalsaDust

How have I missed this thread for so long. Looks great and is that a really big Pitts I see hiding in the background.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
How have I missed this thread for so long. Looks great and is that a really big Pitts I see hiding in the background.

actually in the background there is a 3.1m Extra and a special project that we are playing with (we will show it off probably in a couple weeks).

Last night we went flying with some friends so on our way home we pulled the rudder out of the vacuum bag and cleaned it up to get it ready for the leading and trailing edges. For some reason the picture doesnt want to load up this morning so I will try again later.

Depending on time I may see about the wings or stabs this weekend.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Looks good ! This one will be powered by 150 or 170. And what scheme aee you planning?

DA-200 on JTEC QC-120 Cans.

As for the scheme I am still trying to decide but I may do something like this one with different colors and no Geico stuff

Attachments

• MXS-N431TW-1.jpg
    MXS-N431TW-1.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 329

jtec/radiowave

70cc twin V2
Well we have been pretty busy in the shop with other work and not much time to work on planes. I got Kevin motivated over the weekend and we laid up the wings for the MX. ( and a set for the Extra ). I have them pretty cleaned up and getting ready to set incidence and cut the ailerons. We will be putting the counter balances on the ailerons.

Kevin and Jason have been working on a new scheme That I am sure I will have the privilege of adapting ( covering ) to the airframe. LOL