• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

KCS 62cc Gas Engine.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
2 more flights today. Nothing of concern to report. Motor runs good. Airframe is awesome!!
Also running redline but at 38-1 cause I like to be different lol.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
2 more flights today. Nothing of concern to report. Motor runs good. Airframe is awesome!!
Also running redline but at 38-1 cause I like to be different lol.

Or you like your engines to last a long time.....I like the way you think!! Glad to hear yours is doing good. jealous I have not gotten mine in the air yet. Will run tonight it looks like.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
One thing imho 6-8 two min heat cycles first but that's just me lol. One of my personal preferences with a new motor everyone has their own rituals

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Well here we go fresh engine, I was suspecting a carburetor issue may be the problem with my other one this one runs completely different! All settled up for a half hour of idling as per break-in. At factory specs on needles as directed.

Only other thing I did to this one was make the pulse port in the engine case slightly larger and chamfer it so it is not closed off at all by the gaskets.

Attachments

• 20151002_181934.jpg
    20151002_181934.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 313

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Looking at your pic (off topic) is that one of those hype pulse batteries? If so how do you like them

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Curious why you didn't want to try it before making the mod? I'm bored cooking supper lol

Because I'm not going to cobble a throttle servo mount to the top of the engine box on an $800 airplane......pure and simple. Also, their pulse port is slightly mis-aligned from the factory. I am sending them pictures on what needs to be fixed.

Looking at your pic (off topic) is that one of those hype pulse batteries? If so how do you like them

Yup, Pulse batteries. Pretty much all I used is Pulse and Glacier packs now that I'm going to LiPo and HV systems.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Engine ran, and ran well. I am completely convinced that I had a bad carburetor now. It's only 60 degrees outside now so I'll do some heat cycles over the next few hours. Maybe go fly it next week, going to be too cold and we have plans this weekend.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I have to work this weekend so no more flying for a bit. And to top it off it was 20c today and it's dropped to 4c in the last hour and snow in the forcast yikes