• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

LOVE'N DESERT AIRCRAFT!!!

I was just thinking, I need a 4cyl for my next plane. I always come back to the 200 but really thinking of some other engines to. One thing I have always considered is bearing life. Now if I get charged for new bearings for an engine under warranty because they are a wear item, my direction may lead more to a different brand. If I go in knowing I may have to pay for bearing replacement the on that engine, might as well save a few dollars right off the bat.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Did I mention I got DA?
4961910.jpg
4961447.jpg

fasignation

New to GSN!
Pretty much every gas engine is 28* BTDC +/- a degree or two.
I've got two twin engnies (a da120 and a dle60) the dle60 runs like a sewing machine but the 120 runs like s**t! I've rebuilt the carb twice and it's exactly like Walbro says it should be. I've tried two different ignition systems (both CDI/Rcexl type), I've set the timing dead nuts on 29 degrees but still the 120 runs really bad...especially in mid range. It will start, idle and run wide open but the mid-range sucks! Nothing I seem to do with the needle valves seems to make any difference. Midrange burps, burgles, 4-cycles and does everything but run smooth. Please advise...what am I doing wrong?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@fasignation Some good info put out in your conversation and I apologize for jumping the gun a bit and not seeing this thread post. Your ASL being you live in OR. is helpful info as well and like what @Jetpainter asked is helpful. Hope you get it worked out.
Also the temps and humidity conditions (weather) are good info in trying to help. Even with this said if it is not running right just send it in to DA and have them look at it. Even if it has the RcExcel ignition. Warranty or no Warranty.

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I've got two twin engnies (a da120 and a dle60) the dle60 runs like a sewing machine but the 120 runs like s**t! I've rebuilt the carb twice and it's exactly like Walbro says it should be. I've tried two different ignition systems (both CDI/Rcexl type), I've set the timing dead nuts on 29 degrees but still the 120 runs really bad...especially in mid range. It will start, idle and run wide open but the mid-range sucks! Nothing I seem to do with the needle valves seems to make any difference. Midrange burps, burgles, 4-cycles and does everything but run smooth. Please advise...what am I doing wrong?

like @49dimes said, give DA a call, ask them and send it back if you have to. DA probably has the best customer service in the RC industry so help is just a phone call away.

Welcome to GiantScaleNews.com by the way! Glad you found us, if you like what you see please tell your friends. :)