• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Manoeuvre help

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
The Vortex is where, from knife-edge you hit full(ish) down elevator, do a 360 an continue on in the same direction you were originally headed. Daniel Holman has some excellent examples on one of his videos I've seen.

There are lots of examples of this around, I just can't remember where at the moment. Look at the video from 3:40-3:48. I think this is basically the maneuver you're speaking of? Sometimes it's done faster, or flatter, but it's my understanding that this is called a funnel hover. Not being an expert on any of this I may be wrong however.

Phil any idea on the inputs required for this ?

Husker

50cc
It is just a tight inverted harrier turn. If you can turn while in an inverted harrier you can do this. Just use larger inputs to tighten up that turn.

Yes like a inverted harrier turn. Start with a invert harrier and peg right rudder full over and down elev and add full thur and use the ail to keep it from rolling out. You will have to work the ail mostly to the left. It works better to the right because most planes wanted to go the right while in invert harrier and you need to use left rud to keep it going straight so if you did it to the left it is more of a fight.