• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

My Dream Trailer

Spats

100cc
Thank you guys. Sometimes I feel a little embarrassed by the overkill. Kind of like I always laugh at old guys in a Lambo with a hair piece and a gallon of perfume on I can smell three blocks away :laughing:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Special ordered 8x18 V nose with 8 foot ceiling.

I've had four people wanting to see pictures of the trailer in the last two weeks so I thought I'd just do a post on it.

This trailer really began life 4 years ago the day after I bought my first trailer. I kept thinking of everything I'd do different next time and of course go bigger.

Last year I contacted a trailer builder in Georgia who would build what I want at the cost of one off the sales lot. While I waited for it I started accumulating all the products needed to finish it out. Amazon became my go to source. AC unit, Charger, stereo, 200' of 10 gauge wire etc. The floor was very important to me. I wanted something that oil and fuel could not damage and was easily cleaned and still have some grip. I found commercial tile that would work but the cost was really hard to swallow but if I wanted my dream trailer I had to just bite the bullet.

I installed 12v plugs by each plane location on the racks for charging along with one at the front bench. I also installed 110 on each side of the trailer, ceiling and the bench. Behind the main stereo board is the gel 12v batteries on the floor, breakers, fuses, alarm and the main hub for all the power systems. I do not have an inverter, I use a generator when I need 110. When at home the trailer is plugged into 110 all the time.

I can weld, no its not pretty but it's strong. I made the racks out of 1/8" steel and I love them. They are strong and can be removed from the trailer very easy with a few bolts. I wanted an 8' ceiling so I could get all the planes off the floor as I sleep in the trailer sometimes at events and it makes it nice to have a clear floor. Plus I did not want to drill into my expensive tile an put holes all over my floor.

The cabinets, bench and tool box came from Moduline. These are specifically made for trailers. They are light yet very strong with locking drawers. The bench top came with them and is a solid aluminum sheet with a back splash. I spent hours on the computer designing and ordering the dividers for the tool box. The organization is so nice although I still can never find anything I need.

All the diamond plate extras such as trash can zip tie holder etc. came from Pit Products another trailer supply company.

I finished the walls in carpet. The two reasons I used carpet is for sound and holes. It helps cut down on the noise at 6:00 am on the 3D line at Joe Nall and if I unbolt anything on the wall it does not show holes.

I still have a few little things I want to do to it but for the most part it complete.
Very nicely done Randy. Just one question.... Is green...like your favorite color? :spongebob:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
LOL I learned a few years ago that for some reason I see the green better than any other color in the air. I do like it thow :D
I remember you mentioned that not too long ago. Had to give a little rub. Lol. Have to admit, it's growing very rapidly on me as well. Gee... I wonder why.:laughing: