• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

my lawn darts!!!

wow!! dang. so sorry for you. those are very expensive and getting only 2 to 3 flights out of it is definitely a real buzz killer.

BTW, that airplane sure is or was... good looking!!!

Do-rag

100cc
:yes-i-fully-agree-s

Lost a few big ones myself after a few flights and he is right it hurts the pocket book and pride. Pocket book more than pride for me.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
orthobird;8010 wrote: there is more!!!

got to go do some honey do things, then i will back to post more...

Oh my orthobird! You are redefining the term "disposable income":greedy_dollars:

49dimes;17860 wrote: Oh my orthobird! You are redefining the term "disposable income":greedy_dollars:

LOL!! good thing these are all from years past. the most recent one was the 119" extra deadstick!! ouch!!

:upset:

Mikeq

150cc
Revy;13498 wrote: Yup, I won't lie, it hurt not only the pocket book but the ego. Froze my flying for a while with self doubt. I do feel it was an issue with the fuse at the the base of the vertical stab. Snapped twice in level flight at a descent speed, nosed it in. Tried to discuss it with Comp ARF...they chose not to engage a possible issue with that custom job. As for another composite....maybe someday. :rolleyes:

I've thought seriously about getting one especially after seeing many composite owners selling them with hundreds of flights and they still look like new planes..the part that bothers me is they are not forgiving...one little mishap and it's over. Thought I might try a 2.3 meter first just to see how I like it before making a big investment with one of the larger plane...

Mikeq

150cc
orthobird;17868 wrote: LOL!! good thing these are all from years past. the most recent one was the 119" extra deadstick!! ouch!!

:upset:

I would have cried like a baby after loosing that Extra...probably would have sought counseling to overcome the loss..that was a beautiful plane no doubt....