Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Name That Plane!

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Stevendavis, Sep 28, 2020.

1. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

I was going to guess Kadet.

Stevendavis likes this.
  2. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

You would have been correct!!

3. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Here's another Name That Plane for you guys. I'm doing a rebuild on a different plane.

For a clue, that's a full length 1/4 X 1/8 Spruce spar in the center!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  4. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Here's another one for ya. It's also a 3 channel plane :)

I'm making this is too easy for you scratch builders out there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  5. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    Drawing a blank at the moment.

Stevendavis likes this.
  6. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

I believe this one's been around since at least the 70's! Sold by at least 3 different companies.

7. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Ok, here's the rebuild. I've got an older Butterfly that looks like it had a nitro engine in it for some time, then converted to electric. It was crashed and repaired, not so well, so I cut the tail off, pulled all the equipment, and got started building a new tail. I don't have any building plans for the Butterfly, so I measured every thing and drew up a new set to build on. Here's a few pics of my progress so far.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

I'm also going to have to do some work to the fuselage.

Attached Files:

9. Looks like it has a lot of right thrust

Stevendavis likes this.
  10. Stevendavis

Stevendavis 70cc twin V2

Agreed! Not sure what engine was on it, But I'm going with the Eflite Power 15. I've read where some have had to add down thrust on these birds.