• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some advice on a new 30cc 3D plane.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is what I would do if I could walk into a store and see one for myself... love the scheme.

I have the electric 60" Extra 300EXP and am still tweaking it (CG and motor angle has way too much down thrust) but I bought it based on it's track record and I don't think it'll disappoint.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of the Extreme Flight Models. As someone once told me "pick what you want to fly, fly it, and have fun" ha ha

Went to the LHS to see if they can get me the plane. They are looking into it and will let me know.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I have a EF 74” Slick 580 and put a DLE 55 on it, is this going to be too much ????? Help!!!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
ha ha WOW! Ive heard of guys putting a DA50 on a Extreme Flight 76" MXS, the real question is how does it balance out? Overkill... most definitely, but true 30cc planes were closer to 70" when the 35cc came out... then they got a little bigger, people started putting 40cc engines up front. I think a DLE55 could work, but as long as you don't put a lot of lead in the tail to make it balance out.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I have the 74” EF Slick 580 with a DLE55 on it, hope I have not over done it too much??
Help!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I put a wore out DL50 on my 78" Pilot Extra 330sc. Had to put weight (batts and lead) under the turtle deck to get it to balance. Ended up breaking the fuse in half in the air from a hard snap. If you can keep the majority of weight up front I say OK. If not you may end up stressing the airframe to failure as I did.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry have no experience with that set up but it sure will put a smile on your face. The only I can say is keep the speed down and do low and slow 3D.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have the 74” EF Slick 580 with a DLE55 on it, hope I have not over done it too much??
Help!
What is weight of the setup. Because I am building a profile plane with a 50cc trying to keep it as light as possible. It will come in at less than 13 lbs I want it to be floater. But I do have some concerns about the strength of the plane. Which will be discovered soon if it is ok. But it will never do a snap or anything violent like that. It was built to do low and slow 3D with more than enough power to just sit there on the prop.