• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

NGH GTT70, Anyone ever test one of these?

JoeT

50cc
What's the regular price on it? Maybe I will need more than a DLE55 on my PAU Sukhoi.

It's currently on sale, I took the screen shot below, just a few minutes ago.

Attachments

• ngh.JPG
    ngh.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 459

JoeT

50cc
This engine is beefy. Steel prop washer, steel bolts, steel prop locking nuts (2), and steel liners with super thick counter balances for the crank shafts.

I've ordered titanium bolts for the cylinders, heads, crank case, muffler bolts. Ordered from toronto www.torontocycles.com

As I replace the bolts, I'll be taking pictures of the interior of this engine so for everyone to see.

Weight is as listed on their site.

20160808_221504.jpg

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
what is the quality level of the cylinder castings? can you maybe shoot a pic of the inside of the exhaust port? sometimes it gets fugly in there

JoeT

50cc
what is the quality level of the cylinder castings? can you maybe shoot a pic of the inside of the exhaust port? sometimes it gets fugly in there

I'm travelling on business at the moment, but I'll be glad to take photos. As mentioned, I'll be replacing all the bolts with titanium bolts, so I'll take photos while it's apart.

The cylinder castings resemble the quality in between ASP and OS for sand casting. It's actually quite good.

It should be interesting.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I do believe I am going to get one of these as well. Price is right. Power seems excellent. Durability seems excellent in construction.

The liner allows the cylinder to perform like a "tunnel ported" cast cylinder but heavier. Weight compared to a DA70 it is almost 3/4 pound heavier. But in a tail heavy plane like the EF 91" Extra this engine would actually be a good consideration for balance reasons. Stated HP is very similar to the DA70. I like the large rectangular exhaust ports and with durable oversized counterbalances combined with the liner system the supercharging affect should be smooth and balanced for excellent transition as long as the carb is properly sized which most likely it is. Impressive motor IMO.

Have you estimated the weight savings going from steel fastener's to titanium? Personally I don't think it will be that much but every bit helps.