• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

October 4 - 7th - Austin Radio Control Association HucktoberFest- Austin, Texas

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
Hucktoberfest Event Ts !

Hey guys....wanted to remind you about ordering an event T-shirt ! I haven't heard of a cut-oFF date yet, but why WAIT ! :D :D
Here's the LINK The T-shirt order page is halfway down. I just ordered mine :D
huktober_shirt.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
OH............if there is a "tent spot" I want one also. As of now I'm planning to get out of Ft. Worth around 1:00 PM Friday the 5th and stay thru Sunday afternoon. Camping is the only way I'll be able to afford the trip.....LOL.

Lonelasso

70cc twin V2
OH............if there is a "tent spot" I want one also. As of now I'm planning to get out of Ft. Worth around 1:00 PM Friday the 5th and stay thru Sunday afternoon. Camping is the only way I'll be able to afford the trip.....LOL.

There's an 'un-official' spot....on the right of the entrance, beyond the inner cable. My buddy, Ken (wacorc) camps there. I'll be happy to set you up, ask around for me, DaVe (LoneLasso). :D

waco-rc

30cc
Capt Roll if you pull up a satellite view of the field you will see two ceader trees to the right of the entrance. This is where I setup last year between the two trees by the road. It worked out real good except the ground is rough. I plan on comming down early on friday so just look for me and I will save you a spot.

Ken

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
As this is my first trip to the Austin event what do you guys do at night with your planes? Are they safe out all night?

waco-rc

30cc
As this is my first trip to the Austin event what do you guys do at night with your planes? Are they safe out all night?

The last two years what I saw was the ones who had trailers put most of there stuff up at night, But there where planes left out all night. There is someone at the field all night and they are true addictes so if feel the planes are safe, there is only one way in and out and the road is gravel so hard to sneek up. If the dew looks like it might be bad you can pull your planes up under the shelters at night. Last year I think it was after 2 before everyone turned in both nights.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Capt Roll if you pull up a satellite view of the field you will see two ceader trees to the right of the entrance. This is where I setup last year between the two trees by the road. It worked out real good except the ground is rough. I plan on comming down early on friday so just look for me and I will save you a spot.

Ken

Got it..........ground looks perfectly flat from 50K feet............LOL.

CampSpot.JPG