• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

For Sale PAU Edge 540T

Larry B

70cc twin V2
I put this thing together for the sole purpose of getting my friend out to an IMAC contest, now that it has done it's job I really have no need for the thing and IMAC is just not my cup of tea.
It is a 50cc PAU Edge 540T that I did some mods to, I wanted it to be strictly an IMAC plane and so it will never be a good 3D model if that's what your after. I put a DLE 60cc twin in the nose which required the small blisters to clear the spark plugs. Also I chopped off 14" from each aileron, re-hinged all the control surfaces making them sit inside the trailing edge. This got rid of the big ugly beveled hinge lines but now the control throw is limited. Also got rid of the blunt trailing edges tapering them down to a nice sharp edge. I used a pushrod for the elevator, this allows the elevator servo to be mounted way up front and now the model only has one elevator servo instead of two.
I glassed the canopy hatch and painted it to match, it makes for a nicer looking canopy job instead of the "tape around the front" look. I also made up a new air intake for the cowling chin, this allows you to get to the cowling mount screws really easy & gets fresh air to the carb.
I'm sure that if your a skilled "hard core" IMAC competitor then this is not the plane for you, but if your looking for a nice starter model this might be what your after.
It only has one contest in the log books & 20 flights total. Now it hangs in the back of my shop, unloved and unwanted:(
All I want is what I have invested in it $2217.00, I live around Elizabeth City NC.
Thanks for looking, Larry B

F8.JPG
F7.JPG
F1.JPG

Last edited:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK Fella's I can tell you all something for fact. Pictures do not do this plane any justice. It looks AWESOME in person. . . :yesss:If I liked Edges, I'd jump all over this one, but I'm an Extra man.

Hey @Larry B You may want to add your price to your ad. Good luck with your sale.:big_yes:

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Thank you for the "free advertising" HRRC Flyer! I do appreciate the compliments, maybe it will help sell it?

I finally sat down and added up all the stuff in this model, the price is not firm but I'm not going to give it away either. $2,217.81

I'll try to post a list of all the parts, I can't figure out how to post a word document:(

Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
I'll add my 2 cents.....when I first saw Larry's Edge I asked if it was a CARF, as it looked like a fiberglass plane! Stunning work on it and would make anyone drool at the field :cheers::cheers::cheers:

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Larry,

Just type your document in Word, highlight everything then hit Control "CTL" C on your keyboard. Open up GSN, find your thread, pick the mouse in this box and hit "CTL" V and it should copy everything.

David