• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Several have asked about my builds so I will go ahead and show where I am at, what's going on, and what is coming. First up is my Pitts S1-T of which I am finishing up the canopy, prop, spinner, then I can put the wings back on and do the maiden.
Next is a Pitts S1-S I am building for a gentleman on the west coast. It will be finished as a Bullgog I, and yes I know that the airframe is not right, I am building to his wants.
And after I finish the Bulldog I, I have a Challenger kit for myself that will be the Bulldog II, and yes, it will be scale.

I also have a GP Pitts ARF for beating the skies up, and a Sheber plan built for beating the skies up with class.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 1,364
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 1,143
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,163
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,139
Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank guys, I will continue on with my works being it is welcome here. Brian, what is the thank you for?

I used a couple fasteners and some tape to hold things in place and it works very well with a nice tight fit at the joint. If you look where the canopy meets the windscreen you can just see the glass underside piece. That underside piece should keep the wind from getting in between the two.
The paint and clear coat is still a bit soft, un-cured, so I am going to wait until tomorrow to permanently bolt it all together.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,203

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't know how much or how often you guys like the post of work to go so I'll just do my usual thing. But I will give fair warning, I do a lot of detail posting.

It is amazing with all this bird has going on that the prop and spinner adds more appeal. On the canopy I need some brass strips for the mount, nuts and washers are to long, so I will thread the brass and then the canopy will be done.
I have started on the pilot, right now I have a tube being glue in from the body bottom to the top of the head. When that cures I can add the limbs, add some padding, and then clothes.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 1,072