• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Propellor patterns

All i got..

Attachments

• 20191130_140600.jpg
    20191130_140600.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 599

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Lol...

Lol.... man i just wont stay consistent enough to keep a thread going. Took me 3 years to finish my second 1/4 scale p47... and its not 100% yet...tried to maiden yesterday and had engine issues. I have a 1/4 scale scratch built T33 jet thats ready to go into primer this week so it will take up my time next.. the 51 is just what I can glue pieces up at night building in the house.
You suck! :laughing:ROTFLMAO...….

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I vote a "D" version. But then again, a "B" version would be sweet also. It is unfathomable to imagine a 36% P-51 Mustang in a "B" version. I would love to see you do a build thread. No matter how long it takes. I understand about being consistent. I have been over a year into my 1/4 scale done Smith 112 in build. I would also be interested in what plans you are using. Did you blow something up to accommodate the 46%? I have numerous times contemplated doing my Don Smith plans up to a full 50%. However, that is a while down the road. And of course that would require an engine that has not yet been proven airworthy for a remote controlled airplane that size.

Ive made a few mistakes...mainly not sticking with one 3 view. I have two books from the same company one a "B" and the other a "D". The wingspans are 2mm different in the books. When you do the math it screws everything up. So I've drawn up pieces from one old 3 view that didn't work with numbers from these books. Pretty much was sticking to being able to build a wing half on a 4×8 table. Now due to my tail being built 4" shorter than I had planned i have to rework the numbers. I think It may be down to 191" wingspan now. Dont have my notes in front of me now.. may end up at 43%. So who's to say which 3 view is correct.. they are drawn by a human capable of mistakes. If i do reduce to 43% my engine still fits...

Attachments

• 20191210_181101.jpg
    20191210_181101.jpg
    1,006.4 KB · Views: 618
After i sketch it out on a pad i drew it out on the table. Im thinking white batroom board topped table for the wings. Hopefully a sharpie will stick and not wipe off without thinner. Then i can doodle on the table and wipe off later...

Attachments

• 20191129_232514.jpg
    20191129_232514.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 588
Im still refusing to do a build thread because i just cant take good pics.. too big... but finally removed left wing half. I have decided on building as a "B".. has been alot of fun so far... next hurdle is I need to be able to build the right half against the left to keep everything straight...

Attachments

• 20200321_160209.jpg
    20200321_160209.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 571