• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Rebuilding the Compy MX2.

No worries. Im planning on installing rudder servos in the tail. With the Dub, it was extremely nose heavy. Cant wait to see what it does with a more neutral CG.

Gettin closer....... Got the left wing to fit into the anti rotation sockets in the fuse. A coarse rat tail file worked wonders. Wasn't sure how far to go with it, so I just started sneaking up on it. Got the airplane out of the shop and into my rec room, and slid the wings on, and measured from the floor up to check for incidence..... Spot on! Left wing fits easier than the right one. Which is ok. Both wings fit snug on the first fuse.

Then to set up the rudder push pull. and mount the Rx and batteries.

reyn3545

100cc
I got my MX2 out both last Sunday and today... started to get some of the mixes dialed in. It takes about 10% aileron differential, maybe 5% rudder/elevator, and about the same on the rudder/aileron. I still have a little fine tuning to do, but it will be a few weeks before flying again. Leaving next Sunday for a week in Turks & Caicos.

reyn3545

100cc
And with just a little bit of baffling made from 1/16 ply, the motor is running in the low 200's during most of the flight. I have telemetry set to vibrate the transmitter if the temp gets to 275, and on one landing today, it started vibrating just as the plane was touching down. That's one odd thing that I've found out through telemetry... I don't hover, so I'm not really putting that much strain on a motor, but the highest temps are always seen when I'm gliding in on final approach and taxi.

So much for having tail mounted push pull servos...... Set the MX2 up on this balancer I have. Gotta have the servos mounted under the canopy/pilot.

What you see here is the airplane balanced, but with a 1/2" AFT CG. Only other option would be to have an aluminum motor mount made approx 1/8" longer than my standoffs currently. I think Im 1" or 1 1/4" standoff.... That will help with moving the CG fwd.

It was just WAAAAAAAY too tail heavy with servos in the tail. So, Im gonna see if my bud Hahn has the OEM Comp ARF MX2 rudder servo mounts. Im sure I tossed the originals from my first one......

Attachments

• 20150616_183551.jpg
    20150616_183551.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 256
  • 20150616_183613.jpg
    20150616_183613.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 240

reyn3545

100cc
I just scrapped the original rudder mounts and built mounts for the SWB self adjusting tray. Weighs a few ounces, but avoids a lot of headaches.