• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Redwing RC 89 Extra 330sc

gyro

GSN Contributor
Decal Dennis;6236 wrote: @gyro Cool...post some pics:smile-new:

OK!

attachment.php

attachment.php

6337=2450-redwing extra 330sc-1-3.jpg
6337=2450-redwing extra 330sc-1-3.jpg
6337=2451-redwing extra 330sc-1-6.jpg
6337=2451-redwing extra 330sc-1-6.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Decal Dennis;6351 wrote: Looks awesome!!

How do you like the Xion prop so far?

About the same performance as a falcon from my tests. Obviously a slightly different appearance and finish, but the numbers are where they need to be.

ryan_m

100cc
Gary,

how does this plane compare to the 3dhs 87" Extra?

And what does it come in at weight wise? I have a nearly brand new DA-50 sitting in my shop and a full set of HS-5955 servos that need a home.

gyro

GSN Contributor
ryan_m;7659 wrote: Gary,

how does this plane compare to the 3dhs 87" Extra?

And what does it come in at weight wise? I have a nearly brand new DA-50 sitting in my shop and a full set of HS-5955 servos that need a home.

Well... the DA-50 should be able to move it just fine, as mine was 16.75 lbs dry.

It has more pitch authority than the 87", but rudder is very slightly smaller. Fuse is a little fatter, but the plane still flies fast. It's got essentially zero wing rock, so very stable. Awesome energy maneuvers.

I really like it so far... it really looks awesome in the sky!

Ant

50cc
Wow, that's light. A DA 50 will be perfect! Not many planes that light these days in that class.

ryan_m

100cc
The Redwing Slick is pretty light too. I think around 16lb.

I'm still contemplating yanking out the DA-35 from my EF 76" MXS and sticking the DA-50 there though. Then maybe get a 30cc something for the DA-35. Something in the 11lb range rather than the 12.75-13 range that the 76" MXS is. Or I can stick an ES pipe on the DA-35, leave it where it is, and use my fifty on one of these!

Really wish Redwing sold the Corvus racer, I've been eyeballing that plane for a while now and really like the looks of it.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Ant;7681 wrote: Wow, that's light. A DA 50 will be perfect! Not many planes that light these days in that class.

Yeah, the plane is really agile and floaty, but wads up in a ball when you want violence. Power is absurd with my GP61... Even a DLE55 would be a hoot.