• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Restoring The Laser

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fella's,

I know this is getting old. We're on page 16 of this thread now but I still haven't "started" working on the Laser. With that being said, I did get the stripes and stars worked out in AutoCAD, but I would like to find a color picture of the full size plane in the scheme that was posted in black and white a few pages back. Obviously, I'm not going to be able to match it perfectly with plastic covering, but I would like to get as close to the right colors as possible.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well Fella's,

I know this is getting old. We're on page 16 of this thread now but I still haven't "started" working on the Laser. With that being said, I did get the stripes and stars worked out in AutoCAD, but I would like to find a color picture of the full size plane in the scheme that was posted in black and white a few pages back. Obviously, I'm not going to be able to match it perfectly with plastic covering, but I would like to get as close to the right colors as possible.

Royal blue and cub yellow is what most have used for scale appearance. When the metallic blue showed up it was not actually scale but a lot of modelers used that for the "pop".

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yeah Kelly,

I can figure out what the top of the plane is, but the bottom of the wings, ailerons, stabs and elevators are red, yellow and silver. The yellow is obviously cub yellow like the top but the red and silver will require a little more investigation.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah Kelly,

I can figure out what the top of the plane is, but the bottom of the wings, ailerons, stabs and elevators are red, yellow and silver. The yellow is obviously cub yellow like the top but the red and silver will require a little more investigation.
I built a 3rd scale Lanier for a guy about 18 years ago. Back then, you couldn't give a plane that "huge" away. Now...it's just a stepping stone to true huge. Lol...sorry, walk down memory lane there. (Wow...remembering that far back hurt) :lol2: I actually brought that up for a reason. The colors I used on it were Metal Missile Red, Artic White and Metal Silver. All Monokote colors. She was fancy no doubt. Don't know if that's the eye jab you're looking for, but she was pretty. Or were you wanting a red and silver less exuberant?

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey thanks Buddy,

I was interested in using the red, yellow and silver that was on the bottom of the PDF file Daytonrc found and posted for me because I wanted to do one of the full size schemes. I was even able to import the PDF into AutoCAD and draw up the striping and stars so Dennis could cut them out for me. My reoccurring problem is that nasty little four letter word keeps popping it's ugly head up. You're familiar with the one "WORK". Right now, I am slammed. I'm trying to design two new large schools and my boss calls me into his office and starts off by saying "I'm sorry". Man I hate it when someone starts off a sentence like that. . . . . :ugh:. Anyway he continues by saying "I know you're busy, but there are two more jobs I'm going to have to get you involved in. Needless to say the chances of me getting a some free time to work on my Laser just went from slim, to none. Therefore, I have once again changed my mind about recovering my Laser. I will do it eventually, but I just don't see it happening this year.

Oh well, Life goes on.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yeah Kelly,

Okayeeeee David. You sounding like them Peak Model's ladies when I talk with them........I'll shut up......promise:rolleyes:...:laughing:.