• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Resurrecting an Old Favorite - 3DHS 87" Extra SHP

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Finally.....re-maidened the old girl today! She flies just as good as I remembered. CG was spot on. About 5% up elevator mix in KE, 1% down elev on down-line mix was about it.

After a few stops to tweek the engine needles I started fooling around with some 3D stuff. Tons of fun!

Sorry, no pics today....Cold and soggy, just flew and enjoyed.

Nice to have her back again! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Feels like good pair of old comfortable shoes. Pleased you took the time to rebuild the old girl. Rebuilding old planes are the best and you will realy enjoy the flying season with it. If you like me the first flying season with a new plane I am anxious and tuning and just trying to know the plane. Then the next season that winter made all the changes to make it mine and it has a small amount hanger rash. The second season is when I really start to fly the hell out of it and just sit back and enjoy the plane

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Weather turned nice this afternoon, so put 4 flights on her in the back yard. She' come full circle.....same Stihl chainsaw that saved her in 2012. Hopefully won't be needed anytime soon.....but don't hold your breath :LOL_gif:
IMG_0039.jpg

20170125_140813.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Weather turned nice this afternoon, so put 4 flights on her in the back yard. She' come full circle.....same Stihl chainsaw that saved her in 2012. Hopefully won't be needed anytime soon.....but don't hold your breath :LOL_gif:View attachment 93120
View attachment 93122
It is hard to believe that is the same plane. You did one hell of job bringing that plane back. I do not believe I would have done it.