• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sback 66 in. span scratch built

I built this profile around May this year and It might have 60 flights. The fuselage is base on 2 rails of 3/16 aircraft plywood that run from nose to tail. the wing area is about 1,237 sq. in. ( 8.5 sq. ft.), spans 66 in. root is 22.5 in, tip is 15 in. weights about 7.5 lbs. the engine is an OS 110 four cycles and is swinging a 16/4 W APC.

Here is a video http://youtu.be/2rC7jMtyJQk the only video I have.

SBACK 342.jpg This is so you can see the size.

Working on the fuse structure the next one will have two 1/2 in. fiberglass rods as a substitution for the plywood rails.

Didn't know what prefix to attach.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[video=youtube;2rC7jMtyJQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rC7jMtyJQk[/video]

That thing is awesome! Looks extremely floaty. Nicely done and great flying in what looks like over 20mph winds!

SnowDog

Humberto that was quite fun to watch! I've flown in high winds like that and I have one question for you: .......
How do you keep your hat on your head?!!!

Humberto that was quite fun to watch! I've flown in high winds like that and I have one question for you: .......
How do you keep your hat on your head?!!!

Don't know, I guess I was lucky or the hat is to small and I forced it in my head. LOL

njswede

150cc
When I grow up I want to be like Humberto! Btw, at about 4:10, did you mean to do that? You almost gave me a heart attack...

When I grow up I want to be like Humberto! Btw, at about 4:10, did you mean to do that? You almost gave me a heart attack...

No, not that one, the only one that I did not do on purpose, right on that area the wind is turbulent and caught me by surprise and I'm rolling a lot because I was trying to do a rolling harrier landing but the wind never allowed me to do it or I did not have the guts to do it.