• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

servo balancing

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Lack of high torque/high speed? HS7954SH=403oz@7.4=.12 transit $70.00
HS7950TH=486oz@7.4=.14 transit $115.00
And as pointed out if you want "REALLY" top shelf...(as mentioned)
HSB9380TH=472oz@7.4=.14 transit
$130ish.
If you can sacrifice a little speed for pure out of this world "Hulk" beasty grunt, HS-M7990TH(full on bad ass magnetic encoder)=611oz@7.4=.17 transit
$132.00
Not to mention all are fully programmable. While there are servos out there that "claim" faster speed specs, (A sacrifice for speed will be noticed in exchange for torque) I question the actual torque and centering accuracy as well as the longevity and integrity of the servo. Not to mention the support if I ever need service.

I didn't mean to start a brand debate. Don't get me wrong I use hitec exclusively in my planes under 50CC.
The 7954 I have in a 71" slick and that is a good application for it, but being a bit over rated on spec I wouldn't throw it in my bigger 3D planes.
In my 3D planes I like a speed at .10-.11 so a few mentioned are a hair slow, I could tell the difference.
Basically I have simply found a better option/cost for my bigger stuff. I look for close to 500oz-in with a speed of .10-.11.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I didn't mean to start a brand debate. Don't get me wrong I use hitec exclusively in my planes under 50CC.
The 7954 I have in a 71" slick and that is a good application for it, but being a bit over rated on spec I wouldn't throw it in my bigger 3D planes.
In my 3D planes I like a speed at .10-.11 so a few mentioned are a hair slow, I could tell the difference.
Basically I have simply found a better option/cost for my bigger stuff. I look for close to 500oz-in with a speed of .10-.11.
Oh no worries. I don't feel you started a debate. Just trying to help with a little info. The '54's are an amazing servo as far as I am concerned. Granted, probably not suitable for a larger plane...installed individually. However ganged with 2 or 3 servo applications, they perform impeccably. Every 35% on up plane I've seen use at least 2 aileron servos. My son and I run three each on the ailerons of his 43% PAU Edge, my 40% 129" Pilot Yak. Elevators are two each. On our 35% planes, we run 2 each aileron, 1 each elevator. We have found them to be very versatile for everything from 50cc up. Just depends on configuration. I looked once at different servo options and truthfully, I will never ever see the difference of a servo @ .10 or .11 vs. the .12 of the 7954's or the .14 of the 486oz 7950's. I would be hard pressed to recognize the .01, .02 or even the .03 difference in servo speed. I run 2 7950's per aileron and 2 per elevator on my Sukhoi and 260. I definitely can not out fly the capabilities of either plane.

Just trying to help.

Last edited:

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the info, definitely hoping for what I spec'd for a servo to be released from Hitec. Then I wouldn't need to look at brands which I am unsure about their CS and warranty/repair work.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I run 7955's and 7954's on my 35%. My 40% gets 7980's.

Any new airplane I build though gets our HSB-9380TH's, HSB-9370's on 70CC and smaller. Our brushless servos are so powerful that we had to dial back the output power to keep from breaking the entire geartrain, the power output is also constant which means there is no fade as the servo moves away from center (a common issue with all digital coreless servos). This makes the servo feel faster as it doesn't slow down when the load increases. Try them, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with their performance ;)

IMG_20170113_133816_865.jpg

Last edited:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I run 7955's and 7954's on my 35%. My 40% gets 7980's.

Any new airplane I build though gets our HSB-9380TH's, HSB-9370's on 70CC and smaller. Our brushless servos are so powerful that we had to dial back the output power to keep from breaking the entire geartrain, the power output is also constant which means there is no fade as the servo moves away from center (a common issue with all digital coreless servos). This makes the servo feel faster as it doesn't slow down when the load increases. Try them, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with their performance ;)

View attachment 92869

Grab ahold of a 2" arm on a plugged in 9380, wiggle your transmitter stick and see who wins.