• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Shapeoko 3

daman691003

70cc twin V2
So the base is completed. I guess we are building sub assemblies. Already this thing is heavy. And I bet that's a good thing. Hardest part is lining up some of the holes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 303

daman691003

70cc twin V2
Man this things heavy. Sorry about updates. It's Sooo easy. Just a lot of parts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 274

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Very cool, cnc stuff can be addicting once you start cutting. I started with a shopbot prt-96 back in 2002 and it's still running but I only use it for one part so it may be retired soon. If I can give any advise is to start with a hand router but start shopping for an actual router spindle. Hand routers have absolutely crazy amounts of runout and they quickly get worse.

daman691003

70cc twin V2
I have a hand router with a precision collet with low runout. It also has A super pid controller for speed cobtrol. In future when I make it bigger I might get water cooled spindle with vfd

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
you guys aren't doing me any favors with this thread....it's actually more of a threat to my well being than that 50% Challenger thread that Sleepy posted last week!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Terry. Iam designing interlocking battery tray. What tolarances do you use for parts to interlock.

When I do wood parts I use the laser so I have square corners but I set them up so that the joints are a "snug" fit. Not an interference fit that have to be tapped together but not loose enough to see gaps. When they are snug you can still use medium CA to glue together and it will wick itself in.

I buy a lot of tooling for our business and many times I use this place for carbide tooling. Some of there Micro stuff is very very nice and they have always been good to work with: http://discount-tools.com/index.htm