• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Shreveport IMAC competition March 7 and 8

IMAC FLIER copy.jpg

hotel information:

Hampton Inn & Suites
SHreveport/Bossier City at Airline Drive

right off 220 loop

2691 Viking Drive
Bossier City, LA 71111

(318) 841-9700

We have a 99 dollar per night room rate, with free WIFI and free breakfast. I should, say, this is included with the room rate.

Call to make reservations, and mention SHARKS club IMAC contest.
If they do not know what you are talking about, ask to speak with Mrs. Joanna with sales.

click here for map:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...4dcb7d21170a5a

the hotel is 12.5 miles from the club field.

Seems that the last IMAC contest in Shreveport was possibly in 2007 or 2008. i am not certain. it was not in 2009, archives from IMAC website go back to only 2009, and it shows there were no contests in shreveport 2009 to present. From what I understand, the last time there was a contest here, held by Jonah, there were circa 55 pilots registered!!
Well, some good news, looks like we may end up having saturday night Crawfish!!!
you will not want to miss this.
Please be sure to register on the IMAC website.

Looks like we will have a grand ole crawfish boil that saturday evening!!! Thanks to Trey Hauser and Bossier Rob who will be preparing it.

Last edited:

sweetpea

100cc
I think it was 2007........I believe that is when I won Basic with a borrowed plane. It was only like my 3rd contest I flew. I was living in Vegas at the time.

Sweatpea, so you were there!! Awesome! Club is different now. We have a lake about 250 feet away from our runway

sweetpea

100cc
Lake? I remember a cow pasture out from the field and a home to the right with a small pond for the cows.

I flew with Tom Robertson (Hobbies Xtreme owner), Kevin Cole, Jermey Holt and Jonas Pharr when I lived there from '99-'04