• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Small Gas 3D

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Mike at MHRC is a standup guy. I would trust what his opinion is on the airframe. They stand behind what they sell. It is nice looking!

My buddy just got his EME-60 from them and he got to experience their customer service as his motor has some issues that have been resolved. I would be interested as well to hear their opinion on this particular product. It does appear different from the one that general hobby sells. I also see one that limitless aero sells as well. I just wonder about the flying characteristics and what development was done.

http://www.generalhobby.com/goldwing-brand-sbach-20cc-color-p-402.html

http://www.limitlessaero.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3831985

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Thats the problem. Is it a true 3D plane or just a sport plane? It is a interesting airframe. Price is nice too.

Abrams

50cc
I'm starting to rethink this whole thing. I have a Cap232 that I've been thinking of selling. I want to replace it with a 3D plane, but I would also like to have a smaller gas plane to fly at a smaller field.

I've been looking at the 71" AJ Slick. I think this would make a great replacement for the Cap, but I think it's a little big for the small field.

I don't particularly care if the smaller 20cc plane I want to build is fully 3D capable. So now I am back to looking at other smaller planes to stuff the 20cc DLE into. One of my original thought was the 58" 3DHS Edge 540. It seems similar to the air frame Enterprise is using on his project. I just like this one better.

Any opinions?

Abrams

50cc
I keep hedgin on and off of this Velox. I have a Seagull Edge 540 with a weak .46 Evolution. The airframe is solid, but it's a 3D plane like a Honda Civic is a sports car (that is my work car, so I can say that). I don't want to build an almost 3D plane, but 70"?!? That is not a small plane.

I don't want to go electric. I definitely don't want nitro, getting out of that. I had serious thoughts about those Evolution gas engines, but I just don't like the fuel system. Maybe the tired .46 is clouding my judgement.

SnowDog

Agreed...if I had a dle-20 I would buy one of the aerobeez 65" profiles for it in a heartbeat...they have the largest selection of profiles that I've seen in a long time.

Abrams

50cc
Aeroworks 60" Extra 260. For the small field, it's small enough. But it's not going to be a serious 3D machine. Over the winter I want to put together an AJ Slick 71" or the 89". I'm leaning toward the 89".

I tend to think of planes more in weight class than wingspan. A 60" electric will be in the 5-6 pound range. The 71" slick on gas is over 11 lbs. My 70" velox gasser is 9 lbs. The H9 katana was 8 IIRC. If you want the DLE-20 class plane to be ballistic you have to get into the 7lb range and you are probably not going to get there in a full fuse airframe without trying to convert an electric. .

I will report the weights in the 15cc after I fly it. It is still a experiment. Weight is still the enemy. An electric is still going to be lighter.