• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D So I have a Carden Fetish.....

Is this dude completely crazy?

• Completely insane in the membrane...

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A little off his rocker

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Nahh this dude's smart!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Haha, I always wanted to hoard stuff too but the wife won't let me.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Capthis for President!

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Cappy should buy Carden Aircraft!!!!!!

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

capthis

70cc twin V2
Canopy is painted and back on the airplane. Also have rudder RE hinged with robarts.

My buddy has my landing gear to media blast it. I keep chugging along little by little.

Attachments

• 24422.jpeg
    24422.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 346

capthis

70cc twin V2
i love a good RC recovery effort! it warms my heart. :love:

Mine too. Truth is I'm a mediocre pilot at best I'll never be all that great so having the latest greatest just won't help me much :). So I'd rather fly something I built or rebuilt and just have fun with it. I do this for fun and bringing dead Cardens back to life is something I enjoy.

capthis

70cc twin V2
This airplane came with wheel pants that are a little busted. I haven't ever had spats on a plane so after looking at pictures of the real ones I decided I'd try and make my own. I used some scrap 1/8 ply and scrap 3/8 balsa.

I think I'm going to just cover these with ultracote? I realize they aren't covered yet but weigh just less than 1 oz each. The Carden wheel pants are 2.5 oz each. So I'll save 3 oz here by making these spats.

Attachments

• 24855.jpeg
    24855.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 376

capthis

70cc twin V2
I have got to get back on this project.... Got a little sidetracked plus flying season finally showed up!

Reactions: JAG