• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

spektrum RPM telemetry/DA 150 ?

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Want to use T-1000 unit for rpm on DA 150, all spektrum has is unit for glo .90 and EP. Anybody modify the pick up unit to work CORRECTLY on a gas twin?
I have spektrum optical unit now but it has receiver type leads attached, can I cut these and simply splice onto telemetry end and plug to T-1000 with success ?
What are you guys doing and what parts will I need and how/where are you mounting them?
I'd like to use the open threaded hole on nose cone and use magnetic pick up from DA ignition. Or anyone have a way to get a signal from the ignition box itself?
RPM telemetry not necessary but would be nice to use for break in and prop changes.. If any.
And, using Spektrum DX 8 radio if that matters. Thanks guys.

Alky6

150cc
I believe this is part of the answer.
http://giantscalenews.com/threads/da-120-with-onboard-tach.1456/

Use the pickup. the resister shunt. and plug into the rpm port on the TM1000. I cannot confirm, but this is the path that I am going to go down. Separate pickup isolates from noise that may potentially come from ignition box if you were to try and Y into the ign pickup. Will be a while before 100L shows up. May have to mock up something in the mean time to play...Would love additional input.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Sweet I'll give it a look, figured I'd call you in am with question and was too late tonight, lol, really would like to make it ALL work. Thanks Paul.