• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sunday night GSN Update

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
It's been just over two years now since we started GiantScaleNews.com...

and in that time we've seen a lot of the people and activities that make Giant Scale RC flying such an awesome hobby. In that same time though my kids have grown a little older and I've had the good fortune to experience improvements in my professional life that have kept me busier than ever.

So with my family and career in mind I'm writing to say that in the next couple of months we'll be winding down GiantScaleNews.com and eventually switching it off on September 30th. In the next two months you'll have the opportunity to reach out to people that you might know only from the site in order to keep in touch, and to download content that you might have posted so that it can be transferred elsewhere. Please feel free to make any special requests to me personally at bart@giantscalenews.com.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the site but the lack of financial support from our vendor community has made further development and upkeep of the site impractical. That and the continued expansion of Facebook into our activities make a site like GiantScaleNews.com redundant regardless of how exceptional our membership is.

Considering all of the above, and with a heavy heart, I've made my decision and will follow through on September 30th as planned. Naturally, I apologize for any inconveniences this might cause and again apologize to those of you that visit us and will miss GSN each day.

Sincerely,
Bartman

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I'm not sure where I'll end up but I hope to see all y'all there! RCU, FG, flitetest.com....of all of them flitetest.com has been killing it but no giant scale forum! :( RCU? FG? maybe i'll be a restless soul that will wander the internet from now on!

It should be stated that if anyone is interested in purchasing the assets of GSN I'd be willing to talk about it. As it is though I won't give the site away. If it isn't worth anything to an interested party then I'll just hang on to everything once the lights are turned off.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
banner ads have been turned off. say what you will, we're not representing anyone from this point forward.