• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Thanks to all the builders here.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It is great to spend a rainy Saturday morning with a cup of coffee and some great build threads to peruse through. Even better is not having to wade through all the ARF assemblies to find a good build thread (unlike other websites). Can we keep it this way?

Thanks again.

BalsaDust

Building is where its at in my opinion. Sent a picture of some ribs for my next plane to a buddy thins morning. I'm building from plans and told him I'm one of the odd balls out there who actually enjoys cutting all the pats out before building.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I build classic pattern planes, usually from plans or I will copy a kit. Someday I will build a big aerobatic plane from plans or short kit.

Reactions: Jlc

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Building to me is a great way to relax and take your mind off work, and everything else. Plus you have something that's yours. ARF's a great, but showing up at the field with something you built is awesome.

tylerzx9r

100cc
+1 also to the builders! I have enjoyed learning and am enjoying building the Viper-ST! I go home every night wishing I had the time and energy to get the thing done!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
It is great to spend a rainy Saturday morning with a cup of coffee and some great build threads to peruse through. Even better is not having to wade through all the ARF assemblies to find a good build thread (unlike other websites). Can we keep it this way?

Thanks again.
I personally have a great deal of respect for all the builders. Whether it be here or anywhere else. Years ago when first I was bitten by this hobby bug, we really didn't have any good ARF's so to speak of. There were a few but if you didn't build, you didn't really have much of a chance of having anything that was "YOURS". Plus, they were heavy. Imagine a 33% 102" Extra coming in at 34 pounds. I flew my first Lanier Extra on a Moki 3.6 twin. Yes, it flew pretty good, but nothing like what we have now. I did build a lot back then. I loved the smell of the wood and the box and even the CA and Epoxy. Now days, I have grown too impatient to build. I enjoy installing components and motors and stuff. I enjoy the smell of a brand new ARF plane. I do still have that certain Bipe that needs to be completed. I do need to find the passion for building again. There can be so much pleasure in it when you sit back and say, "Ah yeah....Now that's nice".