• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The 182 gets "Gassed"

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks...it was actually fun. Tree? Tree????? Umm....yeah, if I fly about ten miles in any given direction I might find one somewhere. Lol
Have to ask the question yesterday test flew a plane for a friend. Just like you said the wing needs to fly the plane and not the engine. After first few minutes I was really enjoying the plane and did several landings with it. It was big Spacewalker. 110 inch w.s. I enjoyed it. Did you enjoy flying the 182. Or are over it and just really enjoy the big 3D stuff.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Have to ask the question yesterday test flew a plane for a friend. Just like you said the wing needs to fly the plane and not the engine. After first few minutes I was really enjoying the plane and did several landings with it. It was big Spacewalker. 110 inch w.s. I enjoyed it. Did you enjoy flying the 182. Or are over it and just really enjoy the big 3D stuff.
That's awesome. I always wanted a big spacewalker. The bigger the better. Truth is, I "really" did enjoy putting the Cessna in the air again. Thing is, I got bored with circles and loops and rolls. And that damn messy glow. Ick! When I shifted gears and entered the giant scale gas world, I felt alive. Really alive. The planes are big, and powerful and so much fun. With that, the giant scale 3D and IMAC people are about the nicest people I've ever met. Not like the (I'll say it) grouchy old geezers I'd become accustomed to. And the more advanced in years flyers like me have such an enthusiastic approach to all this stuff. I have however re-kindled the love of scale flying with the Cessna. Heck, maybe I will now get around to building that 112" Don Smith Mustang that has been stored for five years. Don't get me wrong, never getting rid of my big "huckers". But, my horizons are once again broadening.

BalsaDust

I enjoy flying things in a scale manner but one or two flights and I'm itching to drag the rudder down the runway though.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That's awesome. I always wanted a big spacewalker. The bigger the better. Truth is, I "really" did enjoy putting the Cessna in the air again. Thing is, I got bored with circles and loops and rolls. And that damn messy glow. Ick! When I shifted gears and entered the giant scale gas world, I felt alive. Really alive. The planes are big, and powerful and so much fun. With that, the giant scale 3D and IMAC people are about the nicest people I've ever met. Not like the (I'll say it) grouchy old geezers I'd become accustomed to. And the more advanced in years flyers like me have such an enthusiastic approach to all this stuff. I have however re-kindled the love of scale flying with the Cessna. Heck, maybe I will now get around to building that 112" Don Smith Mustang that has been stored for five years. Don't get me wrong, never getting rid of my big "huckers". But, my horizons are once again broadening.
I agree with you on all except war birds love the planes love looking at them and love watching them run full speed across the deck with gear up but I will not build a plane with retracts for a while just to much work and maintenance. A friend is building this plane from aircraft tubing beautiful job it is just under 200 inch wing span, even to big for your redheads. Please note the wheels on the plane are 8 1/2 inches in diameter.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 329

WMcNabb

150cc
A friend is building this plane from aircraft tubing beautiful job it is just under 200 inch wing span, even to big for your redheads. Please note the wheels on the plane are 8 1/2 inches in diameter.

NICE!! Is that a Paolo Severin kit?

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It is not a Severin kit, but he looking is looking at the site for ideas and some help. He got the idea to do one from looking at the Severin planes. I helped him with the drawings and the scaling.