• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hey everyone. If you could please pray for my dad. Today while flying with Pontus Rydin, I got a call from my older brother. He told me my dad was running up his 118" CARF Extra 260 and it hit him in the leg. My younger brother was holding the plane and he must have got nervous and let go. Luckily, the plane was at idle. The carbon fiber 3-bladed prop cut into his left thigh, inside fo right leg by the knee, and right above his left foot where the tongue of your shoe is. He is leaving the hospital soon. Not too bad. He had three spots on his legs. One on his thigh(most pain but doesn't need stiches), one on the inside of his left leg by knee(in line with middle of knee cap and about 3 inches down) got stiched and skingraphed. And then one by his foot by where the tongue fo your shoe would be. Luckily his tongue of shoe was there. My dad was more worried about not being able to go Philmont Scout Ranch with my younger brothers for a boy scout backpacking trip. And having to replace his $200 prop
He should be able to hike

Wow close call! Glad it didn't hit an artery. That would have been a really nasty site for both of them. Good luck with a speedy recovery. Unfortunate for your dad but a good reminder to us all that these are powerful and potentially lethal machines. Be careful out there everyone.

dskuro95

100cc

UPDATE: My dad woke up in pain. The surgery got infected so he has to stay in the hospital over night to get IV medication for 24 hour Also his galbladder may have ot be taken out

dskuro95

100cc
Thanks. This cheered him up a little bit:
Just got home from Warbirds over Delaware. I went there to pick up my repaired red 87! Looks great! Now I need to recover a couple areas, buy some servos(original ones went in my blue 87), and set it back up and fly the SH*T out of it!

3dbandit

100cc
74" edge RIP...

Immediately after take off i did a half roll followed by a negative wall and then...

My motor box broke in half when i punched the throttle.. This caused the esc and bec to separate from the battery.

The plane hit nose first on the concrete runway...

Last edited by a moderator: