• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wedoitall

IMG_20130728_204027.jpg
ok....I built three 41 edges and a 57 and never had an issue but I think the joiner was already preglued in one of the halves

are you proud of my Hillbilly haggard patch covering job? I may fix it right one day, if the plane lasts that long.

I barely tig'd the stab/elevator on the concrete pad from a Deathslide, the plane ended up on its wheels. Was lucky i didn't cartwheel. i checked the control surfaces and everything seemed a-OK. Took off again and everything definitely wasn't a-Ok. It was rollercoastering on me and i was somehow able to get her back down. On the re-inspection i knocked the stab loose and busted the wood around the stab and elevator pretty good. Also unknown at the time i had busted the motorbox pretty decent also. Didn't figure it out till after i fixed the tail. So for about a minute and 13 seconds i was flying with a busted tail and motorbox. Both are fixed now and have been thoroughly tested.

Last edited by a moderator:

quadracer

100cc
doesnt everything go in place BEFORE you put the CA on?....I must be missing something...isnt the stab the same style as the 57?

Word. Dry fit it all together, make sure it's all straight, then drip thin ca on it. That way, they can be debonded in the future if need be.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i think he is talking about the joiner, and ive had that problem too. my theory is it spreads the CA so thin that it cures almost instantly, much quicker than you can get the joiner all the way in, even with extra thick CA. its very frustrating.

SnowDog

i think he is talking about the joiner, and ive had that problem too. my theory is it spreads the CA so thin that it cures almost instantly, much quicker than you can get the joiner all the way in, even with extra thick CA. its very frustrating.

correct, we are talking about the joiner.

aronph

70cc twin V2
uh....just for arguement sake i still dont get it....is the joiner preglued into one of the elevator halves?

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
uh....just for arguement sake i still dont get it....is the joiner preglued into one of the elevator halves?

on some 3dhs planes i think they used to be, but the last 3 i have built was not preglued in one half. i think the last 3dhs plane i had that had that was the old 70 slick

aronph

70cc twin V2
All the 41's I had and my 57 was so I think this is where I'm getting confused....can't you "preglue" the joiner into one of the halves and let it dry first?

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
All the 41's I had and my 57 was so I think this is where I'm getting confused....can't you "preglue" the joiner into one of the halves and let it dry first?

yeah, and then you have to do the other half. basically the CA sets before you can push the joiner all the way in, doesnt matter if you do it one half at a time or if one half is preglued