• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

SnowDog

a very sad day indeed. :(

[h=3]Aerobatic pilot dies after show crash[/h]
2013-10-12 22:18

fd646e2d80a0458c9977bd0dccbe0f9b.jpg

Johannesburg - South African aerobatic pilotGlen Dell died after he was involved in a light aircraft crash at the Secunda Airshow in Mpumulanga on Saturday.
"It's a loss to the South African aviation community," family spokesperson John Sayers said.
Dell passed away in the late afternoon after being transferred to Sunninghill hospital for burns treatment following the morning's crash at the airshow.
He was 51.
The airshow's organiser Hannes van Heerden called Dell's death "tragic".
According to Dell's website, he was the first South African to win the Advanced World Aerobatic Championships, after coming first overall in the event held in Ljungbyhed, Sweden, in 2004.
Dell had at least 25 000 hours flying experience on over 250 different types of aircraft.
According to Dell's website, he also held a zero foot aerobatic display waiver. A low level waiver is only awarded to pilots with proven competency and reputation, and a zero foot waiver is a rare distinction.
In 2003 he began designing and manufacturing an aerobatic aircraft, the Slick 360.

Johannesburg - South African aerobatic pilotGlen Dell died after he was involved in a light aircraft crash at the Secunda Airshow in Mpumulanga on Saturday.
"It's a loss to the South African aviation community," family spokesperson John Sayers said.
Dell passed away in the late afternoon after being transferred to Sunninghill hospital for burns treatment following the morning's crash at the airshow.
He was 51.
According to Dell's website, he was the first South African to win the Advanced World Aerobatic Championships, after coming first overall in the event held in Ljungbyhed, Sweden, in 2004.
Dell had at least 25 000 hours flying experience on over 250 different types of aircraft.
According to Dell's website, he also held a zero foot aerobatic display waiver. A low level waiver is only awarded to pilots with proven competency and reputation, and a zero foot waiver is a rare distinction.
In 2003 he began designing and manufacturing an aerobatic aircraft, the Slick 360.

very sad... in the video it looks like he didnt have enough room to pull out..

3Daddict

70cc twin V2

He was 51.
That is sad, i got his autograph when he was at detroit in the red bull air race a few years back.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wow, what a week! Busy busy busy... It was my first out of town engagement of my new Accounting career. 12+ hours per day to get everything done in 4 days. Now I am getting ready to do it again next week. The only real down side is that the forums were blocked at the client last week and I think they will be going forward as well. The hotel WiFi was abysmal to the point I gave up on it after the first night, plus I was just too tired to have motivation for catching up and posting on things. I guess I will be a little scarce until after Christmas now that our busy season is in full swing. I sure wish I could have gotten a few projects done before this hit but oh well ;)